For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 2% Sucrose, PBS
Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Research areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 86 kDa. Good results were obtained when blocked with 5% non-fat dry milk in 0.05% PBS-T.
||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
Titre using peptide based assay: 1/1562500.
- Involvement in diseaseNote=A chromosomal aberration involving CARS is associated with inflammatory myofibroblastic tumors (IMTs). Translocation t(2;11)(p23;p15) with ALK.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the class-I aminoacyl-tRNA synthetase family.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm.
Information by UniProt
- Cysteine tRNA ligase antibody
- Cars antibody
- CysRS antibody
Anti-CARS antibody images
Western blot - CARS antibody (ab83256)
Anti-CARS antibody (ab83256) at 1 µg/ml (in 5% skim milk/ PBS) + MCF7 cell lysate at 10 µg
HRP conjugated anti-Rabbit IgG at 1/50000 dilution
Predicted band size : 86 kDa
Observed band size : 95 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 40 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
References for Anti-CARS antibody (ab83256)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"