Caspase 1 Assay Kit (Colorimetric) (ab39470)
- Product nameCaspase 1 Assay Kit (Colorimetric)See all Caspase 1 kits ...
- Tests100 x 1 assay
- Sample typeTissue Extracts, Cell Lysate
- Assay typeEnzyme activity
- Assay time2h 00m
- Product overview
Abcam's Caspase 1 Assay Kit (Colorimetric) provides a simple and convenient means for assaying the activity of caspases that recognize the sequence YVAD. The assay is based on spectrophotometric detection of the chromophore p-nitroanilide (p-NA) after cleavage from the labeled substrate YVAD-p-NA. The p-NA light emission can be quantified using a spectrophotometer or a microtiter plate reader at 400- or 405 nm. Comparison of the absorbance of p-NA from a treated sample with an untreated control allows determination of the fold increase in Caspase 1 activity.
Visit our FAQs page for tips and troubleshooting.
Activation of ICE-family proteases/caspases initiates apoptosis in mammalian cells.
- Tested applicationsFunctional Studies more details
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 100 tests 2X Reaction Buffer 4 x 2ml Cell Lysis Buffer 1 x 100ml Dilution Buffer 1 x 100ml DTT 1 x 400µl YVAD-pNA 1 x 0.5ml
- CASP 1CASP 1CASP1
- Caspase 1 apoptosis related cysteine peptidaseCaspase 1 apoptosis related cysteine proteaseCaspase 1 apoptosis related cysteine proteaseCaspase1ICEIL 1 beta converting enzymeIL 1 beta converting enzymeIL 1BCIL1B convertaseIL1B convertaseIL1BCIL1BCEInterleukin 1 beta convertaseInterleukin 1 beta convertase precursorInterleukin 1 beta convertase precursorInterleukin 1 beta converting enzymeInterleukin 1B converting enzymeInterleukin 1B converting enzymeP45
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab39470 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for Caspase 1 Assay Kit (Colorimetric) (ab39470)
This product has been referenced in:
- Stout-Delgado HW et al. Impaired NLRP3 inflammasome function in elderly mice during influenza infection is rescued by treatment with nigericin. J Immunol 188:2815-24 (2012). Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 22327078) »