Caspase 2 Assay Kit (Colorimetric) (ab39830)
- Product nameCaspase 2 Assay Kit (Colorimetric)See all Caspase 2 kits ...
- Tests100 x 1 assay
- Sample typeTissue Extracts, Cell Lysate
- Assay typeEnzyme activity
- Assay time2h 00m
- Product overview
Abcam's Caspase 2 Assay Kit (Colorimetric) provides a simple and convenient means for assaying the activity of caspases that recognize the sequence VDVAD. The assay is based on spectrophotometric detection of the chromophore p-nitroanilide (p-NA) after cleavage from the labeled substrate VDVAD-p-NA. The p-NA light emission can be quantified using a spectrophotometer or a microtiter plate reader at 400- or 405 nm.
Visit our FAQs page for tips and troubleshooting.
Activation of ICE-family proteases/caspases initiates apoptosis in mammalian cells.
- Tested applicationsFunctional Studies more details
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 100 tests 1 kit 2X Reaction Buffer 4 x 2ml 4 x 2ml Cell Lysis Buffer 1 x 100ml 1 x 100ml Dilution Buffer 1 x 100ml 1 x 100ml DTT Green 1 x 400µl 1 x 400µl VDVAD-pNA 1 x 500µl 1 x 500µl
- RelevanceCaspase 2 has a positive and a negative role in the regulation of the apoptotic process. Overexpression of the full length Caspase 2 (Nedd2/Ich1 ) mRNA in some cell types results in apoptosis, whereas overexpression of an alternative Caspase 2 splice variant suppresses apoptosis induced by serum withdrawal. Caspase 2 may be activated in vitro by Caspase 1, Caspase 3 and the neutral serine protease granzyme B which is stored in the specialized lytic granules of cytotoxic lymphocytes.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasmic
- Apoptosis related cysteine peptidase
- CASP 2
- Casp 2L Pro
- Caspase 2 apoptosis related cysteine protease
- Developmentally down regulated 2
- ICH 1
- ICH 1 protease
- ICH 1L
- ICH 1L/1S
- ICH1 protease
- NEDD 2
- NEDD2 apoptosis regulatory gene
- Neural precursor cell expressed
- Neural precursor cell expressed developmentally down regulated 2
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab39830 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for Caspase 2 Assay Kit (Colorimetric) (ab39830)
ab39830 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.