Caspase 3 Assay Kit (Colorimetric) (ab39401)
- Product nameCaspase 3 Assay Kit (Colorimetric)See all Caspase 3 kits ...
- Tests100 x 1 assay
- Sample typeTissue Extracts, Cell Lysate
- Assay typeEnzyme activity
- Assay time2h 00m
- Product overview
Abcam's Caspase 3 Assay Kit (Colorimetric) provides a simple and convenient means for assaying the activity of caspases that recognize the sequence DEVD. The assay is based on spectrophotometric detection of the chromophore p-nitroaniline (p-NA) after cleavage from the labeled substrate DEVD-pNA. The p-NA light emission can be quantified using a spectrophotometer or a microtiter plate reader at 400- or 405 nm. Comparison of the absorbance of p-NA from an apoptotic sample with an uninduced control allows determination of the fold increase in CPP32 activity.
Visit our FAQs page for tips and troubleshooting.
Activation of ICE-family proteases/caspases initiates apoptosis in mammalian cells.
- Tested applicationsFunctional Studies more details
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 100 tests 2X Reaction Buffer 4 x 2ml Cell Lysis Buffer 1 x 100ml DEVD-pNA 1 x 500µl Dilution Buffer 1 x 100ml DTT 1 x 400µl
- ApopainApopain precursor CASP 3
- CASP3Caspase 3 apoptosis related cysteine proteaseCaspase 3 p12 subunitCaspase 3 p17 subunitCaspase3CPP 32CPP32CPP32BCysteine protease CPP32Human cysteine protease CPP32 isoform alpha mRNA complete cdsICE3LICEPARP cleavage proteaseSCA 1SCA1SREBP cleavage activity 1Yama protein
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab39401 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Caspase 3 Assay Kit (Colorimetric) images
H9c2 cells were either untreated (control) or treated with 2µg/ml of recombinant lipocalin-2 (Lcn2) for 24h. Cell lysates were assayed for caspase-3 activity (n = 3, *, p<0.05). Image obtained from Xu G et al., JBC, 2012 Feb 11;28(7):4808-17
References for Caspase 3 Assay Kit (Colorimetric) (ab39401)
This product has been referenced in:
- Xu G et al. Lipocalin-2 induces cardiomyocyte apoptosis by increasing intracellular iron accumulation. J Biol Chem 287:4808-17 (2012). Read more (PubMed: 22117066) »
- Sandgren P & Stjepanovic A High-yield platelet units revealed immediate pH decline and delayed mitochondrial dysfunction during storage in 100% plasma as compared with storage in SSP+. Vox Sang 103:55-63 (2012). Read more (PubMed: 22220692) »