For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Research areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
||1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately <19 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 10 kDa).
- FunctionMediator of programmed cell death (apoptosis).
- Tissue specificityExpressed in barely detectable amounts in most tissues except brain, highest levels being found in lung, liver and skeletal muscle.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase C14A family.
Contains 1 CARD domain.
modificationsThe two subunits are derived from the precursor sequence by an autocatalytic mechanism.
Information by UniProt
- Apoptosis related cysteine protease antibody
- CASP-5 antibody
- CASP5 antibody
Anti-Caspase 5 antibody images
Western blot - Caspase 5 antibody (ab69637)
All lanes : Anti-Caspase 5 antibody (ab69637) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Extracts from 293 cells treated
with etoposide (25uM, 1hour)
Lane 2 : Extracts from 293 cells treated
with etoposide (25uM, 1hour),
with immunising cleavage peptide at 5 µg
Lysates/proteins at 5 µg per lane.
Predicted band size : 10 kDa
Observed band size : <19 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
References for Anti-Caspase 5 antibody (ab69637)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"