Caspase-9 Human ELISA Kit (ab119508)
- Product nameCaspase-9 Human ELISA Kit
- Detection methodColorimetric
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 8 6.6% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 8 9% Overall 8 9%
- Tests1 x 96 test
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Cell Lysate
- Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
- Sensitivity0.4 ng/ml
- Range1.6 ng/ml - 100 ng/ml
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Product overview
Abcam’s Caspase-9 Human in vitro ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for accurate quantitative measurement of Human Caspase-9 concentrations in cell lysate, cell culture supernatant and serum.
Caspase-9 specific antibodies have been precoated onto 96-well plates. Standards and test samples are added to the wells and along with a Caspase-9 detection antibody and the microplate is then incubated at room temperature. Following washing with wash buffer a HRP conjugated anti-rabbit-IgG antibody is added to each well and binds the detection antibody and incubated at room temperature. Following incubation unbound anti-rabbit-IgG antibodies are washed away using wash buffer. TMB is then used to visualize the HRP enzymatic reaction. TMB is catalyzed by HRP to produce a blue color product that changes into yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is directly proportional to the Caspase-9 amount of sample captured in plate.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 20X Assay Buffer Concentrate 1 x 5ml 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 1 x 50ml Adhesive Films 4 units Anti-rabbit-IgG HRP conjugated antibody 1 x 10µl Blue-Dye 1 x 400µl Green-Dye 1 x 400µl Human Caspase-9 standard 2 vials Lysis buffer (10x) 1 x 15ml Monoclonal anti-human Caspase 9-coated microwell plate 1 unit Polyclonal anti-Human Caspase-9 Detection Antibody (rabbit) 1 x 100µl Red-Dye 1 x 400µl Sample Diluent 1 x 12ml Stop Solution (1M Phosphoric acid) 1 x 15ml TMB Substrate Solution 1 x 15ml
- Research Areas
- FunctionInvolved in the activation cascade of caspases responsible for apoptosis execution. Binding of caspase-9 to Apaf-1 leads to activation of the protease which then cleaves and activates caspase-3. Proteolytically cleaves poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase (PARP).
Isoform 2 lacks activity is an dominant-negative inhibitor of caspase-9.
- Tissue specificityUbiquitous, with highest expression in the heart, moderate expression in liver, skeletal muscle, and pancreas. Low levels in all other tissues. Within the heart, specifically expressed in myocytes.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase C14A family.
Contains 1 CARD domain.
- Developmental stageExpressed at low levels in fetal heart, at moderate levels in neonate heart, and at high levels in adult heart.
modificationsCleavages at Asp-315 by granzyme B and at Asp-330 by caspase-3 generate the two active subunits. Caspase-8 and -10 can also be involved in these processing events.
- Apoptotic protease Mch-6
- Apoptotic protease-activating factor 3
- Caspase 9 apoptosis related cysteine peptidase
- Caspase-9 subunit p10
- ICE-like apoptotic protease 6
- Protein phosphatase 1 regulatory subunit 56
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab119508 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for Caspase-9 Human ELISA Kit (ab119508)
ab119508 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.