Anti-CD11b antibody [EP1345Y] (ab52478)
- Product nameAnti-CD11b antibody [EP1345Y]See all CD11b primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP1345Y] to CD11b
- SpecificityTesting of Mouse and Rat tissues (brain, spleen, kidney and heart) in WB gave negative results. However, flow cytometry for mouse RAW 264.7 cell line gave positive results. We have not tested any Rat samples in flow cytometry. Due to the variability in mouse, we do not list this as a tested species. We welcome any feedback on mouse and rat reactivity.
- Tested applicationsIHC-FoFr, WB, IP, ICC, Flow Cyt, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to C terminus of human CD11b
- Positive control
- IHC-P: Human spleen tissue WB: TF1 lysate
- General notesProduced under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPBS 49%,Sodium azide 0.01%,Glycerol 50%,BSA 0.05%
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberEP1345Y
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab52478 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-FoFr||IHC-FoFr: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||WB: 1/20000 - 1/50000. Predicted molecular weight: 128 kDa.|
|ICC||ICC: 1/100 - 1/250.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: 1/20 - 1/50.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionIntegrin alpha-M/beta-2 is implicated in various adhesive interactions of monocytes, macrophages and granulocytes as well as in mediating the uptake of complement-coated particles. It is identical with CR-3, the receptor for the iC3b fragment of the third complement component. It probably recognizes the R-G-D peptide in C3b. Integrin alpha-M/beta-2 is also a receptor for fibrinogen, factor X and ICAM1. It recognizes P1 and P2 peptides of fibrinogen gamma chain.
- Tissue specificityPredominantly expressed in monocytes and granulocytes.
- Involvement in diseaseGenetic variations in ITGAM has been associated with susceptibility to systemic lupus erythematosus type 6 (SLEB6) [MIM:609939]. Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) is a chronic, inflammatory and often febrile multisystemic disorder of connective tissue. It affects principally the skin, joints, kidneys and serosal membranes. It is thought to represent a failure of the regulatory mechanisms of the autoimmune system.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the integrin alpha chain family.
Contains 7 FG-GAP repeats.
Contains 1 VWFA domain.
- DomainThe integrin I-domain (insert) is a VWFA domain. Integrins with I-domains do not undergo protease cleavage.
- Cellular localizationMembrane.
- Antigen CD11b p170 antibody
- CD11 antigen like family member B antibody
- CD11 antigen-like family member B antibody
- CD11b antibody
- CD11b antigen antibody
- CD11b/CD18 antibody
- CD49d antibody
- Cell surface glycoprotein MAC 1 alpha subunit antibody
- Cell surface glycoprotein MAC-1 subunit alpha antibody
- Cell Surface Glycoprotein MAC1 Alpha Subunit antibody
- Complement component 3 receptor 3 subunit antibody
- Complement Component Receptor 3 Alpha antibody
- Complement receptor type 3, alpha subunit antibody
- CR 3 alpha chain antibody
- CR-3 alpha chain antibody
- CR3 Alpha Chain antibody
- CR3 antibody
- CR3A antibody
- F730045J24Rik antibody
- Integrin Alpha M antibody
- Integrin alpha M chain antibody
- Integrin alpha M complement component 3 receptor 3 subunit antibody
- Integrin alpha-M antibody
- Integrin beta 2 alpha subunit antibody
- ITAM_HUMAN antibody
- ITGAM antibody
- Leukocyte Adhesion Receptor MO1 antibody
- Ly-40 antibody
- MAC 1 antibody
- Mac-1a antibody
- MAC1 antibody
- Mac1, alpha subunit antibody
- MAC1A antibody
- Macrophage antigen alpha polypeptide antibody
- MGC117044 antibody
- Mo1, alpha subunit antibody
- MO1A antibody
- Neutrophil adherence receptor alpha M subunit antibody
- Neutrophil Adherence Receptor antibody
- SLEB6 antibody
Anti-CD11b antibody [EP1345Y] images
Anti-CD11b antibody [EP1345Y] (ab52478) at 1/20000 dilution + TF1 lysate at 10 µg
goat anti-rabbit HRP labeled at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size : 128 kDa
Observed band size : 170 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human spleen using ab52478 at a dilution of 1/100.
Overlay histogram showing RAW 264.7 cells stained with ab52478 (red line). The cells were fixed with methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab52478, 1/50 dilution) for 30 min at 22°C. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) (ab96899) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was rabbit monoclonal IgG (1µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive signal in RAW 264.7 cells fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min)/permeabilized in 0.1% PBS-Tween used under the same conditions.
All lanes : Anti-CD11b antibody [EP1345Y] (ab52478) at 1/5000 dilution
Lane 1 : THP-1 monocytes, untreated
Lane 2 : THP-1 monocytes, +10 ng/ml LPS
Lane 3 : THP-1 macrophages, untreated
Lane 4 : THP-1 macrophages, +10 ng/ml LPS
Lysates/proteins at 40 µg per lane.
IRDye®680-conjugated donkey anti-rabbit IgG
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 128 kDa
Observed band size : 180 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Exposure time : 4 minutes
This image is courtesy of an anonymous Abreview
References for Anti-CD11b antibody [EP1345Y] (ab52478)
This product has been referenced in:
- Usami Y et al. Intercellular adhesion molecule-1 (ICAM-1) expression correlates with oral cancer progression and induces macrophage/cancer cell adhesion. Int J Cancer N/A:N/A (2013). Read more (PubMed: 23364881) »
- Xiao H et al. Adenosine A2A receptor: a target for regulating renal interstitial fibrosis in obstructive nephropathy. PLoS One 8:e60173 (2013). IHC-P ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 23585831) »