For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Product nameAnti-CD1a antibody [CD1a007]
See all CD1a primary antibodies
Mouse monoclonal [CD1a007] to CD1a
- SpecificityCD1a staining has been shown to be useful in the differentiation of Langerhans cells from interdigitating cells.
It has also proved useful for phenotyping Langerhans cell histiocytosis.
- Tested applicationsSuitable for:
IHC-P, IHC-Frmore details
- Species reactivity
Mouse, Rat, Human
Prokaryotic recombinant fusion protein corresponding to the external portion of the CD1a molecule
- Positive control
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
- Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituent: Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
- Clone numberCD1a007
- Light chain typeunknown
- Research areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
||1/25 - 1/50. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol. For an ABC system, incubate for 30-60 minutes at RT.
||1/25 - 1/50. For an ABC system, incubate for 30-60 minutes at RT.
- FunctionAntigen-presenting protein that binds self and non-self lipid and glycolipid antigens and presents them to T-cell receptors on natural killer T-cells.
- Tissue specificityExpressed on cortical thymocytes, epidermal Langerhans cells, dendritic cells, on certain T-cell leukemias, and in various other tissues.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 Ig-like (immunoglobulin-like) domain.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane. Endosome membrane. Subject to intracellular trafficking between the cell membrane and endosomes. Localizes to cell surface lipid rafts.
Information by UniProt
- CD 1a antibody
- CD1 antibody
- CD1A antibody
Anti-CD1a antibody [CD1a007] images
Immunohistochemistry (Frozen sections) - CD1a antibody [CD1a007] (ab708)
Ab708 positively staining acetone fixed, frozen human skin sections (1/25).
The secondary Ab used was biotin conjugated anti mouse (1/1) and formed part of of a commercially available kit (Vector labs RTU ABC kit).
This image is courtesy of an Abreview submitted on 11 October 2005. We do not have any further information relating to this image.
References for Anti-CD1a antibody [CD1a007] (ab708)
This product has been referenced in:
- Mazal PR et al. Langerhans cell histiocytosis of the hypothalamus: diagnostic value of immunohistochemistry. Clin Neuropathol 15:87-91 (1996).
Read more (PubMed: 8925602) »
- Fivenson DP & Nickoloff BJ Distinctive dendritic cell subsets expressing factor XIIIa, CD1a, CD1b and CD1c in mycosis fungoides and psoriasis. J Cutan Pathol 22:223-8 (1995).
Read more (PubMed: 7593815) »
See all 3 Publications
for this product
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"