CD21 Human ELISA Kit (ab45909)
- Product nameCD21 Human ELISA Kit
- Detection methodColorimetric
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Sample A 8 50.25U/ml 2.24 4.45% Sample B 8 10.44U/ml 0.46 4.4% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Sample A 8 51.13U/ml 2.29 4.47% Sample B 8 10.76U/ml 0.56 5.2%
- Tests2 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
- Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
- Sensitivity< 3 U/ml
- Range3.12 U/ml - 100 U/ml
- Assay time1h 45m
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Product overview
Abcam’s CD21 Human in vitro ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for the quantitative measurement of CD21 in Human serum, plasma, buffered solutions and cell culture media.
A monoclonal antibody specific for CD21 has been coated onto the wells of the microtiter strips provided. Samples, including standards of known CD21 concentrations, control specimens or unknowns are pipetted into these wells. During the first incubation, the standards or samples and a biotinylated monoclonal antibody specific for CD21 are simultaneously incubated. After washing, the enzyme Streptavidin-HRP, that binds the biotinylated antibody is added, incubated and washed. A TMB substrate solution is added which acts on the bound enzyme to induce a colored reaction product. The intensity of this colored product is directly proportional to the concentration of CD21 present in the samples.
This kit will recognize both endogenous and recombinant Human CD21.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 2 x 96 tests 1 x 96 tests 10X Standard Diluent Buffer Black 1 x 25ml 1 x 25ml 200X Wash Buffer White 2 x 10ml 1 x 10ml Biotinylated Antibody Diluent Red 1 x 13ml 1 x 7ml Biotinylated anti-CD21 antibody Red 2 x 300µl 1 x 300µl CD21 Microplate (12 x 8 well strips) 1 x 2 units 1 unit CD21 Standard Yellow 4 vials 2 vials Chromogen TMB Substrate Solution 1 x 24ml 1 x 11ml HRP Diluent Red 1 x 23ml 1 x 23ml Stop Reagent Black 2 x 11ml 1 x 11ml Streptavidin HRP 4 x 5µl 2 x 5µl
- Research Areas
- RelevanceCD21 also known as complement receptor 2 (CR2), C3d receptor or EBV receptor is a 140 kDa protein. CD21 is a glycosylated type I transmembrane protein consisting of an extracellular face of a series of 15 or 16 CCP domains. CD21 is the receptor for complement components C3d and iC3b as well as the Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) glycoprotein gp350/220. The soluble CD21 (sCD21) was shown to efficiently trigger CD23 signalling pathways in human monocytes. By inducing release of proinflammatory cytokines and upregulating expression of molecules involved in antigen presentation, sCD21 modulates critical monocyte functions that may be relevant to allergic and inflammatory disorders.
- Cellular localizationType 1 membrane protein
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab45909 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for CD21 Human ELISA Kit (ab45909)
ab45909 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.