CD31 (PECAM-1) Monkey ELISA Kit (ab119552)
- Product nameCD31 (PECAM-1) Monkey ELISA KitSee all CD31 kits ...
- Detection methodColorimetric
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 2%
- Tests1 x 96 test
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum
- Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
- Sensitivity0.06 U/ml
- Range0.48 U/ml - 30 U/ml
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Monkey
- Product overview
Abcam’s CD31 (PECAM-1) Monkey in vitro ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for accurate quantitative measurement of Monkey CD31 concentrations in cell culture supernatant and serum (baboon).
CD31 specific antibodies have been precoated onto 96-well plates. Standards and test samples are added to the wells and along with an HRP-conjugated CD31 detection antibody and the microplate is then incubated at room temperature. After the removal of unbound proteins by washing, TMB is used to visualize the HRP enzymatic reaction. TMB is catalyzed by HRP to produce a blue color product that changes into yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is directly proportional to the CD31 amount of sample captured in plate.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 20X Assay Buffer Concentrate 1 x 5ml 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 1 x 50ml Adhesive Films 2 units Blue-Dye 1 x 400µl Green-Dye 1 x 400µl HRP-Conjugate anti-Monkey CD31 monoclonal antibody 2 x 5µl Microplate coated with monoclonal antibody to Monkey CD31 (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Monkey CD31 Standard (60 U/mL) 2 vials Sample Diluent 1 x 12ml Stop Solution (1M Phosphoric acid) 1 x 15ml TMB Substrate Solution 1 x 15ml
- FunctionInduces susceptibility to atherosclerosis (By similarity). Cell adhesion molecule which is required for leukocyte transendothelial migration (TEM) under most inflammatory conditions. Tyr-690 plays a critical role in TEM and is required for efficient trafficking of PECAM1 to and from the lateral border recycling compartment (LBRC) and is also essential for the LBRC membrane to be targeted around migrating leukocytes. Prevents phagocyte ingestion of closely apposed viable cells by transmitting 'detachment' signals, and changes function on apoptosis, promoting tethering of dying cells to phagocytes (the encounter of a viable cell with a phagocyte via the homophilic interaction of PECAM1 on both cell surfaces leads to the viable cell's active repulsion from the phagocyte. During apoptosis, the inside-out signaling of PECAM1 is somehow disabled so that the apoptotic cell does not actively reject the phagocyte anymore. The lack of this repulsion signal together with the interaction of the eat-me signals and their respective receptors causes the attachment of the apoptotic cell to the phagocyte, thus triggering the process of engulfment). Isoform Delta15 is unable to protect against apoptosis. Modulates BDKRB2 activation. Regulates bradykinin- and hyperosmotic shock-induced ERK1/2 activation in human umbilical cord vein cells (HUVEC).
- Tissue specificityExpressed on platelets and leukocytes and is primarily concentrated at the borders between endothelial cells. Isoform Long predominates in all tissues examined. Isoform Delta12 is detected only in trachea. Isoform Delta14-15 is only detected in lung. Isoform Delta14 is detected in all tissues examined with the strongest expression in heart. Isoform Delta15 is expressed in brain, testis, ovary, cell surface of platelets, human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVECs), Jurkat T-cell leukemia, human erythroleukemia (HEL) and U937 histiocytic lymphoma cell lines (at protein level).
- Sequence similaritiesContains 6 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domains.
- DomainThe Ig-like C2-type domains 2 and 3 contribute to formation of the complex with BDKRB2 and in regulation of its activity.
modificationsPhosphorylated on Ser and Tyr residues after cellular activation. In endothelial cells Fyn mediates mechanical-force (stretch or pull) induced tyrosine phosphorylation.
- Cellular localizationMembrane. Cell junction. Localizes to the lateral border recycling compartment (LBRC) and recycles from the LBRC to the junction in resting endothelial cells and Cell junction. Localizes to the lateral border recycling compartment (LBRC) and recycles from the LBRC to the junction in resting endothelial cells.
- CD31 antigen
- Leukocyte surface protein
- PECAM 1
- Platelet endothelial cell adhesion molecule
- Platelet/endothelial cell adhesion molecule
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab119552 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for CD31 (PECAM-1) Monkey ELISA Kit (ab119552)
ab119552 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.