CD31 (PECAM1) Human ELISA Kit (ab100627)
- Product nameCD31 (PECAM1) Human ELISA KitSee all CD31 kits ...
- Detection methodColorimetric
- Tests1 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
- Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
- Sensitivity< 15 pg/ml
- Range8.23 pg/ml - 6000 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Cell culture supernatant 113.8 105% - 121% Serum 106.1 95% - 114% Plasma 91.04 80% - 98%
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Product overview
Abcam’s CD31 (PECAM1) Human ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative measurement of Human CD31 (PECAM1) in serum, plasma, and cell culture supernatants.
This assay employs an antibody specific for Human CD31 (PECAM1) coated on a 96-well plate. Standards and samples are pipetted into the wells and CD31 present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and biotinylated anti-Human CD31 antibody is added. After washing away unbound biotinylated antibody, HRP-conjugated streptavidin is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of CD31 bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
Optimization may be required with urine samples.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 200X HRP-Streptavidin Concentrate 1 x 200µl 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 1 x 25ml 5X Assay Diluent B 1 x 15ml Assay Diluent A 1 x 30ml Biotinylated anti-Human CD31 2 vials CD31 Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Recombinant Human CD31 Standard 2 vials Stop Solution 1 x 8ml TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent 1 x 12ml
- FunctionInduces susceptibility to atherosclerosis (By similarity). Cell adhesion molecule which is required for leukocyte transendothelial migration (TEM) under most inflammatory conditions. Tyr-690 plays a critical role in TEM and is required for efficient trafficking of PECAM1 to and from the lateral border recycling compartment (LBRC) and is also essential for the LBRC membrane to be targeted around migrating leukocytes. Prevents phagocyte ingestion of closely apposed viable cells by transmitting 'detachment' signals, and changes function on apoptosis, promoting tethering of dying cells to phagocytes (the encounter of a viable cell with a phagocyte via the homophilic interaction of PECAM1 on both cell surfaces leads to the viable cell's active repulsion from the phagocyte. During apoptosis, the inside-out signaling of PECAM1 is somehow disabled so that the apoptotic cell does not actively reject the phagocyte anymore. The lack of this repulsion signal together with the interaction of the eat-me signals and their respective receptors causes the attachment of the apoptotic cell to the phagocyte, thus triggering the process of engulfment). Isoform Delta15 is unable to protect against apoptosis. Modulates BDKRB2 activation. Regulates bradykinin- and hyperosmotic shock-induced ERK1/2 activation in human umbilical cord vein cells (HUVEC).
- Tissue specificityExpressed on platelets and leukocytes and is primarily concentrated at the borders between endothelial cells. Isoform Long predominates in all tissues examined. Isoform Delta12 is detected only in trachea. Isoform Delta14-15 is only detected in lung. Isoform Delta14 is detected in all tissues examined with the strongest expression in heart. Isoform Delta15 is expressed in brain, testis, ovary, cell surface of platelets, human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVECs), Jurkat T-cell leukemia, human erythroleukemia (HEL) and U937 histiocytic lymphoma cell lines (at protein level).
- Sequence similaritiesContains 6 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domains.
- DomainThe Ig-like C2-type domains 2 and 3 contribute to formation of the complex with BDKRB2 and in regulation of its activity.
modificationsPhosphorylated on Ser and Tyr residues after cellular activation. In endothelial cells Fyn mediates mechanical-force (stretch or pull) induced tyrosine phosphorylation.
- Cellular localizationMembrane. Cell junction. Localizes to the lateral border recycling compartment (LBRC) and recycles from the LBRC to the junction in resting endothelial cells and Cell junction. Localizes to the lateral border recycling compartment (LBRC) and recycles from the LBRC to the junction in resting endothelial cells.
- CD31 antigen
- Leukocyte surface protein
- PECAM 1
- Platelet endothelial cell adhesion molecule
- Platelet/endothelial cell adhesion molecule
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab100627 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
CD31 (PECAM1) Human ELISA Kit images
Representative Standard Curve using ab100627.
Representative Standard Curve using ab100627.
References for CD31 (PECAM1) Human ELISA Kit (ab100627)
ab100627 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.