Anti-CD36 antibody [MF3] - Low Endotoxin (ab80080)
- Product nameAnti-CD36 antibody [MF3] - Low EndotoxinSee all CD36 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRat monoclonal [MF3] to CD36 - Low Endotoxin
- SpecificityAntibodies produced by clone MF3 have been shown to inhibit IL4 induced thioglycollate-elicited peritoneal macrophage fusion and significantly block IL4/GM-CSF-induced bone-marrorw derived macrophage fusion.
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, WB, IP, Functional Studies, Flow Cyt, ICC/IF, ICC more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
IL4 treated murine thioglycollate-elicited peritoneal macrophages.
- Positive control
- Mouse peripheral blood platelets.
- General notesEndotoxin Level <0.01EU/ug.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberMF3
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Lipid metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab80080 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Predicted molecular weight: 53 kDa.|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|Functional Studies||FuncS: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 10µl for 106 cells.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|ICC||ICC: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
- FunctionSeems to have numerous potential physiological functions. Binds to collagen, thrombospondin, anionic phospholipids and oxidized LDL. May function as a cell adhesion molecule. Directly mediates cytoadherence of Plasmodium falciparum parasitized erythrocytes. Binds long chain fatty acids and may function in the transport and/or as a regulator of fatty acid transport. Receptor for thombospondins, THBS1 AND THBS2, mediating their antiangiogenic efects.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in CD36 are the cause of platelet glycoprotein IV deficiency (PG4D)[MIM:608404]; also known as CD36 deficiency. Platelet glycoprotein IV deficiency can be divided into 2 subgroups. The type I phenotype is characterized by platelets and monocytes/macrophages exhibiting complete CD36 deficiency. The type II phenotype lacks the surface expression of CD36 in platelets, but expression in monocytes/macrophages is near normal.
Genetic variations in CD36 are associated with susceptibility to coronary heart disease type 7 (CHDS7) [MIM:610938].
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the CD36 family.
modificationsN-glycosylated and O-glycosylated with a ratio of 2:1.
- Cellular localizationMembrane.
- Adipocyte membrane protein antibody
- CD 36 antibody
- CD36 antibody
- CD36 antibody
- CD36 antigen (collagen type I receptor, thrombospondin receptor) antibody
- CD36 antigen antibody
- CD36 molecule (thrombospondin receptor) antibody
- CD36 molecule antibody
- CD36_HUMAN antibody
- CHDS7 antibody
- Cluster determinant 36 antibody
- Collagen receptor, platelet antibody
- FAT antibody
- Fatty acid translocase antibody
- Fatty acid transport protein antibody
- Glycoprotein IIIb antibody
- GP IIIb antibody
- gp3b antibody
- gp4 antibody
- gpiiib antibody
- gpiv antibody
- Leukocyte differentiation antigen cd36 antibody
- MGC108510 antibody
- MGC91634 antibody
- PAS 4 antibody
- PAS 4 protein antibody
- PAS IV antibody
- PAS-4 antibody
- PAS4 antibody
- pas4 protein antibody
- pasiv antibody
- Platelet collagen receptor antibody
- Platelet glycoprotein 4 antibody
- Platelet glycoprotein IV antibody
- scarb3 antibody
- Scavenger receptor class B member 3 antibody
- Scavenger receptor class B, member 3 antibody
- Thrombospondin receptor antibody
- Thrombospondin receptor cluster determinant 36 antibody
Anti-CD36 antibody [MF3] - Low Endotoxin images
ab80080 at 10µl/106 cells staining CD36 in mouse peripheral blood platelets by Flow Cytometry.
ab80080 staining CD36 in human coronary atherosclerosis plaques by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections). Tissue was fixed with paraformaldehyde and a heat mediated antigen retrieval step was performed using citrate buffer pH 6.0. Samples were then blocked with 0.1% BSA for 30 minutes at 36°C followed by incubation with the primary antibody at a 1/150 dilution for 24 hours at 4°C. A biotin conjugated rabbit polyclonal was used as secondary antibody at a 1/200 dilution.
ab80080 staining CD36 - Low Endotoxin (green) in Mouse RAW 264.7 cells by ICC (Immunocytochemistry). Cells were fixed with paraformaldehyde, permeabilized in 0.1% Triton X-100 in 2% BSA for 15 minutes and blocked with 2% BSA for 1 hour at 22°C. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/200 in PBS + 2% BSA) for 18 hours at 4°C. An Alexa Fluor®488-conjugated Goat anti-rat IgG polyclonal (1/750) was used as the secondary antibody.
WGA (red) = Wheat Germ Agglutinin
References for Anti-CD36 antibody [MF3] - Low Endotoxin (ab80080)
This product has been referenced in:
- Xiong W et al. Induction of TGF-ß1 synthesis by macrophages in response to apoptotic cells requires activation of the scavenger receptor CD36. PLoS One 8:e72772 (2013). WB . Read more (PubMed: 23936544) »
- Helming L et al. The scavenger receptor CD36 plays a role in cytokine-induced macrophage fusion. J Cell Sci 122:453-9 (2009). Neutralising ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 19155290) »