Anti-CD4 antibody [BC/1F6] (ab846)
- Product nameAnti-CD4 antibody [BC/1F6]See all CD4 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [BC/1F6] to CD4
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, IHC-P, IHC-Fr more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human, Monkey, Baboon
Recombinant fragment (Human) corresponding to the external domain
- Positive control
- Tonsil or T-cell lymphoma
- General notesThis antibody works well when used in combination with ab972 - Antigen retrieval solution - heat mediated high pH 9.5.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
Constituents: Protein Carrier, Van Gogh Yellow Diluent, pH 7.3
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberBC/1F6
- Light chain typeunknown
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab846 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol. The Tris based buffer pH 9.5 is recommended. This antibody may be diluted to a titer of 1/25 - 1/50 in an ABC method. We suggest an incubation period of 1-2 hours at room temperature. However, depending upon the fixation conditions and the staining system employed, optimal incubation and dilutions should be determined by the user. Use peroxidase block after the primary antibody or staining will be diminished!|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Use peroxidase block after the primary antibody or staining will be diminished. Post-fixation with 10% formalin after the primary antibody may improve antibody staining.|
- FunctionAccessory protein for MHC class-II antigen/T-cell receptor interaction. May regulate T-cell activation. Induces the aggregation of lipid rafts.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 3 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domains.
Contains 1 Ig-like V-type (immunoglobulin-like) domain.
modificationsPalmitoylation and association with LCK contribute to the enrichment of CD4 in lipid rafts.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane. Localizes to lipid rafts. Removed from plasma membrane by HIV-1 Nef protein that increases clathrin-dependent endocytosis of this antigen to target it to lysosomal degradation. Cell surface expression is also down-modulated by HIV-1 Envelope polyprotein gp160 that interacts with, and sequesters CD4 in the endoplasmic reticulum.
- CD 4 antibody
- CD4 (L3T4) antibody
- CD4 antibody
- CD4 antibody
- CD4 antigen (p55) antibody
- CD4 Antigen antibody
- CD4 molecule antibody
- CD4 Receptor antibody
- CD4+ Lymphocyte deficiency, included antibody
- CD4_HUMAN antibody
- CD4mut antibody
- L3T4 antibody
- Leu3 antibody
- Ly-4 antibody
- Lymphocyte antigen CD4 antibody
- MGC165891 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000238897 antibody
- p55 antibody
- T Cell Antigen T4 antibody
- T cell antigen T4/LEU3 antibody
- T cell differentiation antigen L3T4 antibody
- T cell OKT4 deficiency, included antibody
- T cell surface antigen T4/Leu 3 antibody
- T Cell Surface Antigen T4/Leu3 antibody
- T cell surface antigen T4/Leu3 antibody
- T Cell Surface Glycoprotein CD4 antibody
- T-cell surface antigen T4/Leu-3 antibody
- T-cell surface glycoprotein CD4 antibody
- W3/25 antibody
- W3/25 antigen antibody
Anti-CD4 antibody [BC/1F6] images
ab846 at 1/250 staining human PBMC tissue sections by IHC-P. The tissue was paraformaldehyde fixed and then an antigen retieval step was performed (heat mediated) prior to incubating the cells with the antibody for 20 minutes. A biotinylated goat anti-mouse IgG antibody was used as the secondary.
ab846 staining CD4 in Human inflammatory dermatosis tissue sections by IHC-P (formaldehyde fixed paraffin embedded sections). Tissue was fixed with formaldehyde and blocked by 2% BSA for 30 minutes at 22°C. Antigen retrieval was by heat mediation in citrate buffer (pH 6.0). Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/25 in BSA/TBS) for 14 hours at 4°C. Ab 6785 (1/800) was used as the secondary antibody
ab846 staining CD4 in human lymphocytes by Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence.
Cells were fixed in methanol, blocked using 4% BSA for 30 minutes at 25°C and then incubated with ab846 at a 1/50 dilution for 16 hours at 4°C. The secondary used was an Alexa-Fluor 488 conjugated goat anti-mouse polyclonal used at a 1/100 dilution.
Double stained with Anti-CD3 antibody [PS1] (ab699), secondary Texas Red.
ab846 staining beta Endorphin in monkey brain tissue by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections).
Tissue was fixed with paraformaldehyde and blocked with 5% BSA + 10% goat serum for 1.5 hours at room temp; antigen retrieval was by heat mediation in antigen retrieval buffer. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/50 in 5% BSA + 10% goat serum) for 17 hours at 4°C. A biotin-conjugated goat anti-mouse polyclonal IgG (1/300) was used as the secondary antibody. Staining was detected with DAB.
References for Anti-CD4 antibody [BC/1F6] (ab846)
This product has been referenced in:
- Hong JJ et al. Spatial alterations between CD4(+) T follicular helper, B, and CD8(+) T cells during simian immunodeficiency virus infection: T/B cell homeostasis, activation, and potential mechanism for viral escape. J Immunol 188:3247-56 (2012). IHC-FoFr ; Rhesus monkey . Read more (PubMed: 22387550) »
- Puga Yung GL et al. Heat shock protein-derived T-cell epitopes contribute to autoimmune inflammation in pediatric Crohn's disease. PLoS One 4:e7714 (2009). IHC-P ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 19888320) »