Anti-CD4 antibody [GK1.5] (ab25475)
- Product nameAnti-CD4 antibody [GK1.5]See all CD4 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRat monoclonal [GK1.5] to CD4
- Specificityab25475 recognises CD4/L3T4, Mr 52 kDa.
- Tested applicationsFunctional Studies, Flow Cyt, IP, IHC-Fr more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Tissue / cell preparation (Mouse) - cloned mouse CTL line V4.
- General notes
This antibody blocks helper T cell responses to MHC class II antigens, including cytolysis, proliferation, allogeneic B cell help, and release of lymphokines.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 100mM Borate buffered saline, pH 8.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Primary antibody notes This antibody blocks helper T cell responses to MHC class II antigens, including cytolysis, proliferation, allogeneic B cell help, and release of lymphokines.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberGK1.5
- Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab25475 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Functional Studies||FuncS: Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 6415170(In vivo and in vitro depletion of CD4+ cells; Inhibition of T helper function and Fractionation of CD4+ cells) Use at an assay dependent dilution. For details see: Kruisbeek, A. M., et al. 1991. In Current Protocols in Immunology. John Wiley & Sons, New York, p. 4.1.1. See also PubMed: 6415170. For details see: Kruisbeek, A. M., et al.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 21345609|
- FunctionAccessory protein for MHC class-II antigen/T-cell receptor interaction. May regulate T-cell activation. Induces the aggregation of lipid rafts.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 3 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domains.
Contains 1 Ig-like V-type (immunoglobulin-like) domain.
modificationsPalmitoylation and association with LCK contribute to the enrichment of CD4 in lipid rafts.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane. Localizes to lipid rafts. Removed from plasma membrane by HIV-1 Nef protein that increases clathrin-dependent endocytosis of this antigen to target it to lysosomal degradation. Cell surface expression is also down-modulated by HIV-1 Envelope polyprotein gp160 that interacts with, and sequesters CD4 in the endoplasmic reticulum.
- CD 4 antibody
- CD4 (L3T4) antibody
- CD4 antibody
- CD4 antibody
- CD4 antigen (p55) antibody
- CD4 Antigen antibody
- CD4 molecule antibody
- CD4 Receptor antibody
- CD4+ Lymphocyte deficiency, included antibody
- CD4_HUMAN antibody
- CD4mut antibody
- L3T4 antibody
- Leu3 antibody
- Ly-4 antibody
- Lymphocyte antigen CD4 antibody
- MGC165891 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000238897 antibody
- p55 antibody
- T Cell Antigen T4 antibody
- T cell antigen T4/LEU3 antibody
- T cell differentiation antigen L3T4 antibody
- T cell OKT4 deficiency, included antibody
- T cell surface antigen T4/Leu 3 antibody
- T Cell Surface Antigen T4/Leu3 antibody
- T cell surface antigen T4/Leu3 antibody
- T Cell Surface Glycoprotein CD4 antibody
- T-cell surface antigen T4/Leu-3 antibody
- T-cell surface glycoprotein CD4 antibody
- W3/25 antibody
- W3/25 antigen antibody
References for Anti-CD4 antibody [GK1.5] (ab25475)
This product has been referenced in:
- Meshii N et al. Enhancement of systemic tumor immunity for squamous cell carcinoma cells by an oncolytic herpes simplex virus. Cancer Gene Ther 20:493-8 (2013). IHC-Fr ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 23887644) »
- Billiard F et al. Abdominal ?-radiation induces an accumulation of function-impaired regulatory T cells in the small intestine. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 80:869-76 (2011). IHC-Fr ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 21345609) »