Anti-CD4 antibody [GK1.5] (PE/Cy5.5 ®) (ab25342)
- Product nameAnti-CD4 antibody [GK1.5] (PE/Cy5.5 ®)See all CD4 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRat monoclonal [GK1.5] to CD4 (PE/Cy5.5 ®)
- ConjugationPE/Cy5.5 ®. Ex: 496nm, Em: 690nm
- Tested applicationsFlow Cyt, IHC-Fr, IP more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Tissue / cell preparation (Mouse) - cloned mouse CTL line V4.
- General notesThis product or portions thereof is manufactured under license from Carnegie Mellon University under U.S. Patent Number 5,268,486 and related patents. Cy and CyDye are trademarks of GE Healthcare Limited.
This antibody blocks helper T cell responses to MHC class II antigens, including cytolysis, proliferation, allogeneic B cell help, and release of lymphokines. This antibody has been shown to be useful in studies of in vitro and in vivo depletion of CD4+ cells, inhibition of T helper function and fractionation of CD4+ cells.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 16% Sucrose, PBS; Stabilizing agent
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Primary antibody notes This antibody blocks helper T cell responses to MHC class II antigens, including cytolysis, proliferation, allogeneic B cell help, and release of lymphokines. This antibody has been shown to be useful in studies of in vitro and in vivo depletion of CD4+ cells, inhibition of T helper function and fractionation of CD4+ cells.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberGK1.5
- Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab25342 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 0.2µg for 106 cells.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionAccessory protein for MHC class-II antigen/T-cell receptor interaction. May regulate T-cell activation. Induces the aggregation of lipid rafts.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 3 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domains.
Contains 1 Ig-like V-type (immunoglobulin-like) domain.
modificationsPalmitoylation and association with LCK contribute to the enrichment of CD4 in lipid rafts.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane. Localizes to lipid rafts. Removed from plasma membrane by HIV-1 Nef protein that increases clathrin-dependent endocytosis of this antigen to target it to lysosomal degradation. Cell surface expression is also down-modulated by HIV-1 Envelope polyprotein gp160 that interacts with, and sequesters CD4 in the endoplasmic reticulum.
- CD 4 antibody
- CD4 (L3T4) antibody
- CD4 antibody
- CD4 antibody
- CD4 antigen (p55) antibody
- CD4 Antigen antibody
- CD4 molecule antibody
- CD4 Receptor antibody
- CD4+ Lymphocyte deficiency, included antibody
- CD4_HUMAN antibody
- CD4mut antibody
- L3T4 antibody
- Leu3 antibody
- Ly-4 antibody
- Lymphocyte antigen CD4 antibody
- MGC165891 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000238897 antibody
- p55 antibody
- T Cell Antigen T4 antibody
- T cell antigen T4/LEU3 antibody
- T cell differentiation antigen L3T4 antibody
- T cell OKT4 deficiency, included antibody
- T cell surface antigen T4/Leu 3 antibody
- T Cell Surface Antigen T4/Leu3 antibody
- T cell surface antigen T4/Leu3 antibody
- T Cell Surface Glycoprotein CD4 antibody
- T-cell surface antigen T4/Leu-3 antibody
- T-cell surface glycoprotein CD4 antibody
- W3/25 antibody
- W3/25 antigen antibody
References for Anti-CD4 antibody [GK1.5] (PE/Cy5.5 ®) (ab25342)
ab25342 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.