CD44var (v6) Human ELISA kit (ab119519)
- Product nameCD44var (v6) Human ELISA kit
- Detection methodColorimetric
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 8 3% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 8 4.2% Overall 8 4.2%
- Tests1 x 96 test
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
- Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
- Sensitivity0.05 ng/ml
- Range0.32 ng/ml - 10 ng/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Serum 106 89% - 115%
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Product overview
Abcam’s CD44var (v6) Human in vitro ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for accurate quantitative measurement of Human CD44var (v6) concentrations in Cell culture supernatant, serum and plasma (EDTA, citrate, heparin), and urine.
CD44var (v6) specific antibodies have been precoated onto a 96-well plate. Standards and test samples are added to the wells and along with an HRP-conjugated CD44var (v6) detection antibody and the microplate is then incubated at room temperature. After the removal of unbound proteins by washing, TMB is used to visualize the HRP enzymatic reaction. TMB is catalyzed by HRP to produce a blue color product that changes into yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is directly proportional to the CD44var (v6) amount of sample captured in plate.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 20X Assay Buffer Concentrate 1 x 5ml 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 1 x 50ml Adhesive Films 2 units Blue-Dye 1 x 400µl Green-Dye 1 x 400µl HRP-Conjugate anti-Human CD44var (v6) monoclonal antibody 2 x 10µl Human CD44var (v6) Standard Lyophilized 20 ng/mL upon reconstitution) 2 vials Microplate coated with anti CD44var (v6) monoclonal antibody (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Sample Diluent 1 x 50ml Stop Solution (1M Phosphoric acid) 1 x 15ml TMB Substrate Solution 1 x 15ml
- Research Areas
- FunctionReceptor for hyaluronic acid (HA). Mediates cell-cell and cell-matrix interactions through its affinity for HA, and possibly also through its affinity for other ligands such as osteopontin, collagens, and matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs). Adhesion with HA plays an important role in cell migration, tumor growth and progression. Also involved in lymphocyte activation, recirculation and homing, and in hematopoiesis. Altered expression or dysfunction causes numerous pathogenic phenotypes. Great protein heterogeneity due to numerous alternative splicing and post-translational modification events.
- Tissue specificityIsoform 10 (epithelial isoform) is expressed by cells of epithelium and highly expressed by carcinomas. Expression is repressed in neuroblastoma cells.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 Link domain.
- DomainThe lectin-like LINK domain is responsible for hyaluronan binding.
modificationsProteolytically cleaved in the extracellular matrix by specific proteinases (possibly MMPs) in several cell lines and tumors.
O-glycosylated; contains more-or-less-sulfated chondroitin sulfate glycans, whose number may affect the accessibility of specific proteinases to their cleavage site(s).
Phosphorylated; activation of PKC results in the dephosphorylation of Ser-706 (constitutive phosphorylation site), and the phosphorylation of Ser-672.
- Cellular localizationMembrane.
- CD44 antigen
- CD44 molecule
- Cell surface glycoprotein CD44
- Chondroitin sulfate proteoglycan 8
- Extracellular matrix receptor III
- GP90 lymphocyte homing/adhesion receptor
- Hematopoietic cell E and L selectin ligand
- Heparan sulfate proteoglycan
- Hermes antigen
- Homing function and Indian blood group system
- Hyaluronate receptor
- Indian blood group
- Phagocytic glycoprotein 1
- Phagocytic glycoprotein I
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab119519 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for CD44var (v6) Human ELISA kit (ab119519)
ab119519 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.