Anti-CD47 antibody [B6H12.2] (ab3283)
- Product nameAnti-CD47 antibody [B6H12.2]See all CD47 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [B6H12.2] to CD47
- Tested applicationsFlow Cyt, Functional Studies, ICC, IP, ICC/IF, IHC-Fr, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Intact CD47 purified from placenta.
- EpitopeIg domain.
- Positive control
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage buffer10mM PBS, pH7.4, 0.2%BSA, 0.09% sodium azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberB6H12.2
- Light chain typekappa
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab3283 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 1µg for 106 cells.|
|Functional Studies||FuncS: Use at an assay dependent dilution. This antibody blocks the binding of SIRP alpha (Yoshida, et al.; Latour et al.) and inhibits in assays where CD47-integrin association is required.|
|ICC||ICC: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution. (native, with protein G): use at a concentration of 2µg / mg protein lysate.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 20923773|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 22451919|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 49 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 35 kDa).|
- FunctionHas a role in both cell adhesion by acting as an adhesion receptor for THBS1 on platelets, and in the modulation of integrins. Plays an important role in memory formation and synaptic plasticity in the hippocampus (By similarity). Receptor for SIRPA, binding to which prevents maturation of immature dendritic cells and inhibits cytokine production by mature dendritic cells. Interaction with SIRPG mediates cell-cell adhesion, enhances superantigen-dependent T-cell-mediated proliferation and costimulates T-cell activation. May play a role in membrane transport and/or integrin dependent signal transduction. May prevent premature elimination of red blood cells. May be involved in membrane permeability changes induced following virus infection.
- Tissue specificityVery broadly distributed on normal adult tissues, as well as ovarian tumors, being especially abundant in some epithelia and the brain.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 Ig-like V-type (immunoglobulin-like) domain.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Antigenic surface determinant protein OA3 antibody
- CD 47 antibody
- CD47 antibody
- Cd47 antibody
- CD47 antigen (Rh-related antigen, integrin-associated signal transducer) antibody
- CD47 antigen antibody
- CD47 glycoprotein antibody
- CD47 molecule antibody
- CD47_HUMAN antibody
- IAP antibody
- IAP antibody
- Integrin Associated Protein antibody
- Integrin associated signal transducer antibody
- Integrin-associated protein antibody
- Leukocyte surface antigen CD47 antibody
- MER 6 antibody
- MER6 antibody
- OA 3 antibody
- OA3 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000041152 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000041153 antibody
- Protein MER6 antibody
- Rh related antigen antibody
Anti-CD47 antibody [B6H12.2] images
ab3283 staining CD47 in HUVEC cells by Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence.
The cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde for 20 minutes at room temperature, permeabilized with 0.25% Triton X-100 for 5 minutes and blocked with 1% BSA in 0.1% Tween 20 and PBS for 1 hour at room temperature. The cells were incubated in a mixture of two primary antibodies ab3283 and a rabbit anti-human VEGFR2 overnight at 4 °C. The cells were then incubated with a mixture of two secondary antibodies (Alexa Fluor 488 anti-rabbit and Alexa Fluor 594 anti-mouse) in 1% BSA for 1 hour at room temperature in the dark. Counterstained with DAPI.
ab3283 at 1µg/ml staining CD47 from human OVCA3 cells by ICC. The cells were methanol fixed, blocked with 3% serum and incubated with the primary antibody for 30 minutes. A biotinylated horse anti-mouse IgG was used as the secondary antibody.
Anti-CD47 antibody [B6H12.2] (ab3283) at 1 µg/ml +
Brain (Human) Tissue Lysate - adult normal tissue (ab29466) at 10 µg
Goat polyclonal to Mouse IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 35 kDa
Observed band size : 49 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Exposure time : 4 minutes
Overlay histogram showing peripheral blood lymphocytes stained with ab3283 (red line). The cells were incubated with the antibody (ab3283, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 4ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H&L) (ab96879) at 1/200 dilution for 30 min at 4ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed gating on peripheral blood lymphocytes.
References for Anti-CD47 antibody [B6H12.2] (ab3283)
This product has been referenced in:
- Edris B et al. Antibody therapy targeting the CD47 protein is effective in a model of aggressive metastatic leiomyosarcoma. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:6656-61 (2012). IHC-Fr . Read more (PubMed: 22451919) »
- Willingham SB et al. The CD47-signal regulatory protein alpha (SIRPa) interaction is a therapeutic target for human solid tumors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:6662-7 (2012). IHC-Fr ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 22451913) »