Anti-CD79a antibody [HM47/A9] (ab3121)
- Product nameAnti-CD79a antibody [HM47/A9]See all CD79a primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [HM47/A9] to CD79a
- SpecificityThis antibody labels precursor B-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia samples, making it the most reliable B-cell marker for this disorder. In a study by Mason, et al on a total of 454 paraffin-embedded tissues, it reacted with 97% of B-cell neoplasms. We have data to indicate that this antibody may not cross react with Opossum. However, this has not been conclusively tested and expression levels may vary in certain cell lines/tissues.
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, IHC-P, WB, Flow Cyt more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Human, Pig, Monkey
Predicted to work with: Rabbit, Horse, Chicken, Guinea pig
Synthetic peptide: GTYQDVGSLNIADVQ, corresponding to C terminal amino acids 208-222 of Human CD79a.
- Positive control
- Raji cells. Lymph node. Tonsil.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage buffer10mM PBS, pH7.4, 0.2%BSA, 0.09% sodium azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberHM47/A9
- Light chain typekappa
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab3121 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 0.5 - 1 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 0.5 - 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 50 kDa.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 0.01µg for 106 cells.|
- FunctionRequired in cooperation with CD79B for initiation of the signal transduction cascade activated by binding of antigen to the B-cell antigen receptor complex (BCR) which leads to internalization of the complex, trafficking to late endosomes and antigen presentation. Also required for BCR surface expression and for efficient differentiation of pro- and pre-B-cells. Stimulates SYK autophosphorylation and activation. Binds to BLNK, bringing BLNK into proximity with SYK and allowing SYK to phosphorylate BLNK. Also interacts with and increases activity of some Src-family tyrosine kinases. Represses BCR signaling during development of immature B cells.
- Tissue specificityB-cells.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in CD79A are the cause of agammaglobulinemia type 3 (AGM3) [MIM:613501]. It is a primary immunodeficiency characterized by profoundly low or absent serum antibodies and low or absent circulating B cells due to an early block of B-cell development. Affected individuals develop severe infections in the first years of life. Note=Two different mutations, one at the splice donor site of intron 2 and the other at the splice acceptor site for exon 3, have been identified. Both mutations give rise to a truncated protein.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domain.
Contains 1 ITAM domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated on tyrosine, serine and threonine residues upon B-cell activation. Phosphorylation of tyrosine residues by Src-family kinases is an early and essential feature of the BCR signaling cascade. The phosphorylated tyrosines serve as docking sites for SH2-domain containing kinases, leading to their activation which in turn leads to phosphorylation of downstream targets. Phosphorylation of serine and threonine residues may prevent subsequent tyrosine phosphorylation.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane. Following antigen binding, the BCR has been shown to translocate from detergent-soluble regions of the cell membrane to lipid rafts although signal transduction through the complex can also occur outside lipid rafts.
- B cell antigen receptor complex associated protein alpha chain antibody
- B cell antigen receptor complex associated protein alpha chain precursor antibody
- B Lymphocyte Specific MB1 Protein antibody
- B lymphocyte-specific MB1 protein antibody
- B-cell antigen receptor complex-associated protein alpha chain antibody
- CD 79a antibody
- CD79a antibody
- CD79a antigen (immunoglobulin-associated alpha) antibody
- CD79A antigen antibody
- CD79A antigen immunoglobulin associated alpha antibody
- CD79a molecule immunoglobulin associated alpha antibody
- CD79a molecule, immunoglobulin-associated alpha antibody
- CD79A_HUMAN antibody
- Ig alpha antibody
- Ig-alpha antibody
- IGA antibody
- IgM-alpha antibody
- Immunoglobulin Associated Alpha antibody
- Immunoglobulin-associated alpha antibody
- Ly54 antibody
- MB 1 antibody
- MB 1 membrane glycoprotein antibody
- MB-1 membrane glycoprotein antibody
- MB1 antibody
- MB1 membrane glycoprotein antibody
- Membrane bound immunoglobulin associated protein antibody
- Membrane-bound immunoglobulin-associated protein antibody
- Surface IgM associated protein antibody
- Surface IgM-associated protein antibody
Anti-CD79a antibody [HM47/A9] images
Human peripheral blood lymphocytes stained with ab3121 (red line). Human whole blood was processed using a modified protocol based on Chow et al, 2005 (PMID: 16080188). In brief, human whole blood was fixed in 4% formaldehyde (methanol-free) for 10 min at 22°C. Red blood cells were then lyzed by the addition of Triton X-100 (final concentration - 0.1%) for 15 min at 37°C. For experimentation, cells were treated with 50% methanol (-20°C) for 15 min at 4°C. Cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab3121, 0.01μg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 4°C. The secondary antibody used was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H&L) (ab150113) at 1/2000 dilution for 30 min at 4°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 1μg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Unlabelled sample (blue line) was also used as a control. Acquisition of >30,000 total events were collected using a 20mW Argon ion laser (488nm) and 525/30 bandpass filter. Gating strategy - peripheral blood lymphocytes.
ab3121 at 1/200 staining rat lymphoid tissues sections (Spleen, Lymph Node, Payers Patch) by IHC-P. The tissue was formaldehyde fixed and blocked before incubation with the antibody for 1 hour. A rabbit anti-mouse antibody was used as the secondary.
ab3121 staining human tonsil sections by IHC-P. The tissue was formaldehyde fixed and blocked before incubation for 10 minutes with 1%BSA, followed by incubations with ab3121 at 1/1000for 1h . A biotinylated goat anti-mouse polyclonal antibody at 1/200 was used as the secondary.
ab3121 staining monkey spleen sections by IHC-P. The tissue was formaldehyde fixed and blocked before incubation for 10 minutes with 1%BSA, followed by incubations with ab3121 at 1/1000for 1h. A biotinylated goat anti-mouse polyclonal antibody at 1/200 was used as the secondary.
References for Anti-CD79a antibody [HM47/A9] (ab3121)
This product has been referenced in:
- Pero R et al. POZ-, AT hook-, and Zinc finger-containing protein (PATZ) interacts with the human oncogene B-cell lymphoma 6 (BCL6) and is required for its negative autoregulation. J Biol Chem : (2012). IHC-P . Read more (PubMed: 22493480) »
- Drukker M et al. Isolation of primitive endoderm, mesoderm, vascular endothelial and trophoblast progenitors from human pluripotent stem cells. Nat Biotechnol 30:531-42 (2012). Human . Read more (PubMed: 22634564) »