For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Product nameAnti-CD9 antibody [MM2/57] (Biotin)
See all CD9 primary antibodies
Mouse monoclonal [MM2/57] to CD9 (Biotin)
- SpecificityThis antibody recognises CD9 (24kDa).
- Tested applicationsSuitable for:
Flow Cytmore details
- Species reactivity
Rabbit, Horse, Cow, Cat, Dog, Pig, Monkey, Rhesus monkey
Human platelet membrane
- Positive control
- human peripheral blood platelets
- General notes
Purified IgG conjugated to Biotin.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Purification notesPurified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Clone numberMM2/57
- Research areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Application notesFlow Cyt: neat - 1/5. Use 10µl of the suggested working dilution to label 106 cells or 100µl whole blood.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionInvolved in platelet activation and aggregation. Regulates paranodal junction formation. Involved in cell adhesion, cell motility and tumor metastasis. Required for sperm-egg fusion.
- Tissue specificityExpressed by a variety of hematopoietic and epithelial cells.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the tetraspanin (TM4SF) family.
modificationsProtein exists in three forms with molecular masses between 22 and 27 kDa, and is known to carry covalently linked fatty acids.
- Cellular localizationMembrane.
Information by UniProt
- Tetraspanin 29 antibody
- 5H9 antibody
- 5H9 antigen antibody
Anti-CD9 antibody [MM2/57] (Biotin) images
References for Anti-CD9 antibody [MM2/57] (Biotin) (ab34161)
This product has been referenced in:
- Singethan K et al. CD9 clustering and formation of microvilli zippers between contacting cells regulates virus-induced cell fusion. Traffic 9:924-35 (2008).
Read more (PubMed: 18363777) »
See 1 Publication
for this product
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"