Cell Viability Assay Kit (Fluorometric - Green) (ab112122)
- Product nameCell Viability Assay Kit (Fluorometric - Green)See all Cell Viability kits ...
- Tests5 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeAdherent cells, Suspension cells
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human, Chinese Hamster
- Product overview
There are a variety of parameters that can be used to monitor cell viability. The green fluorescent dye used in the kit is a hydrophobic compound. It easily permeates intact live cells and gets enhanced fluorescence upon entering into live cells. The hydrolysis of the non-fluorescent substrate by intracellular esterases generates a strongly green fluorescent hydrophilic product that is well-retained in the cell cytoplasm. The green fluorophore generated by the non-fluorescent substrate used in the kit has the spectral properties of fluorescein at Ex/Em = ~490 nm/520 nm. When well excited with the Argon Laser at 488 nm, the fluorophore emits intense green fluorescence at ~520 nm.
ab112122 provides all the essential components with an optimized cell-labeling protocol for fluorescence microplate assays. It can also be used with a fluorescence microscope equipped with a FITC filter set.
ab112122 provides an effective tool of labeling cells for fluorescence microplate and microscopic investigations of cellular functions. It is useful for a variety of studies, including cell adhesion, chemotaxis, multidrug resistance, cell viability, apoptosis and cytotoxicity. ab112122 is suitable for proliferating and non-proliferating cells.
Visit our FAQs page for tips and troubleshooting.
- Tested applicationsFunctional Studies more details
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 5 x 96 tests 1 kit Assay Buffer 1 x 50ml 1 x 50ml CellGreen fluorescent dye 5 vials 5 vials DMSO 1 x 200µl 1 x 200µl
- Research Areas
- RelevanceCell viability is a determination of living or dead cells, based on a total cell population. Cell viability assess healthy cells in a sample, with no distinction between dividing or quiescent cells. An increase in cell viability indicates cell growth, while a decrease in viability can generally be interpreted as the result of either toxic effects of compounds/agents or suboptimal culture conditions.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab112122 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Cell Viability Assay Kit (Fluorometric - Green) images
CHO-K1 cell number response was measured with ab112122. CHO-K1 cells at 0 to 5,000 cells/well/100 µL were seeded overnight in a black wall/clear bottom 96-well plate. The cells were incubated with 100 µL/well of Green dye-loading solution for 1 hour at 37 °C. The fluorescence intensity was measured at Ex/Em = 490/ 525 nm. The fluorescence intensity was linear (R2 = 1) to the cell number as indicated. The detection limit was 30 cells/well (n=6).
References for Cell Viability Assay Kit (Fluorometric - Green) (ab112122)
ab112122 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.