For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 2% Sucrose, PBS
Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Research areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.
||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 45 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 45 kDa). Good results were obtained when blocked with 5% non-fat dry milk in 0.05% PBS-T.
- FunctionSuppresses the growth of cancer cells. May be involved in sphingolipid synthesis.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in kidney, liver, brain, heart, placenta and lung.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 homeobox DNA-binding domain.
Contains 1 TLC (TRAM/LAG1/CLN8) domain.
- Cellular localizationNucleus membrane. Endoplasmic reticulum membrane.
Information by UniProt
- Ceramide synthase 2 antibody
- CerS 2 antibody
- CerS2 antibody
Anti-Ceramide synthase 2 antibody images
Western blot - LASS2 antibody (ab85567)
Anti-Ceramide synthase 2 antibody (ab85567) at 1 µg/ml (in 5% skim milk / PBS buffer) + Human fetal brain lysate at 10 µg
HRP conjugated anti-Rabbit IgG at 1/50000 dilution
Predicted band size : 45 kDa
Observed band size : 45 kDa
Additional bands at : 30 kDa,35 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.Gel concentration: 12%
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections)-Anti-LASS2 antibody(ab85567)
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) analysis of human kidney tissue labelling LASS2 with ab85567 at 5.0µg/ml.
References for Anti-Ceramide synthase 2 antibody (ab85567)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"