Anti-Claspin antibody (ab83485)
- Product nameAnti-Claspin antibodySee all Claspin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Claspin
- Tested applicationsWB, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 700 - 800 of Human Claspin.
(Peptide available as ab94830.)
- Positive control
- This antibody gave a positive signal in the following lysates: HeLa whole cell; HeLa nuclear; SHSY-5Y whole cell; Jurkat whole cell; Jurkat nuclear; HepG2 whole cell; HepG2 nuclear
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab83485 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 210 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 150 kDa).Can be blocked with Claspin peptide (ab94830).|
- FunctionRequired for checkpoint mediated cell cycle arrest in response to inhibition of DNA replication or to DNA damage induced by both ionizing and UV irradiation. Adapter protein which binds to BRCA1 and the checkpoint kinase CHEK1 and facilitates the ATR-dependent phosphorylation of both proteins. Can also bind specifically to branched DNA structures and may associate with S-phase chromatin following formation of the pre-replication complex (pre-RC). This may indicate a role for this protein as a sensor which monitors the integrity of DNA replication forks.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the claspin family.
- DomainThe C-terminus of the protein contains 3 potential CHEK1-binding motifs (CKB motifs). Potential phosphorylation sites within CKB motif 1 and CKB motif 2 are required for interaction with CHEK1.
modificationsPhosphorylated. Undergoes ATR-dependent phosphorylation by CHEK1 during activation of DNA replication or damage checkpoints. Phosphorylation by CSNK1G1/CK1 promotes CHEK1 binding.
Ubiquitinated by the anaphase promoting complex/cyclosome (APC/C) during G1 phase, leading to its degradation by the proteasome. Ubiquitination is mediated via its interaction with FZR1/CDH1. Following DNA damage, it is deubiquitinated by USP28 in G2 phase, preventing its degradation.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- Claspin antibody
- claspin homolog (Xenopus laevis) antibody
- Claspin homolog antibody
- Clspn antibody
- CLSPN protein antibody
- CLSPN_HUMAN antibody
- hClaspin antibody
- Hu Claspin antibody
- MGC131612 antibody
- MGC131613 antibody
- MGC131615 antibody
Anti-Claspin antibody images
All lanes : Anti-Claspin antibody (ab83485) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Nuclear Lysate
Lane 3 : SHSY-5Y (Human neuroblastoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 4 : Jurkat (Human T cell lymphoblast-like cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 5 :
Jurkat (Human T cell lymphoblast-like cell line) Nuclear Lysate (ab14844)
Lane 6 : HepG2 (Human hepatocellular liver carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 7 : HepG2 (Human hepatocellular liver carcinoma cell line) Nuclear Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 150 kDa
Observed band size : 210 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 50 kDa,80 kDa,90 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time : 5 minutes
ab83485 (1/200) staining Claspin in assynchronous HeLa cells (green). Cells were fixed in paraformaldehyde, permeabilized with 0.5% Triton X100 and counterstained with DAPI in order to highlight the nucleus (red). For further experimental details please refer to abreview.
References for Anti-Claspin antibody (ab83485)
ab83485 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.