Complement C3a des Arg Human ELISA Kit (ab133037)
- Product nameComplement C3a des Arg Human ELISA Kit
- Detection methodColorimetric
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% High conc. 16 12.3ng/ml 11.1% Low conc. 16 1.86ng/ml 8.7% Medium conc. 16 3.4ng/ml 9.8%
- Sample typePlasma
- Assay typeCompetitive
- Sensitivity0.12 ng/ml
- Range0.313 ng/ml - 20 ng/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Plasma 94.8 % - %
- Assay time3h 00m
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Product overview
ab133037 is a competitive immunoassay for the quantitative determination of C3a des Arg in plasma. Please read the complete kit insert before performing this assay. The kit uses a polyclonal antibody to Human C3a des Arg to bind, in a competitive manner, the Human C3a des Arg in the sample or an alkaline phosphatase molecule which has Human C3a des Arg attached to it. After incubation at room temperature the excess reagents are washed away and substrate is added. After a short incubation, the enzyme reaction is stopped and the yellow color generated is read on a microplate reader at 405nm. The intensity of the bound yellow color is inversely proportional to the concentration of Human C3a des Arg in either standards or samples. The measured optical density is used to calculate the concentration of Human C3a des Arg.
The Human C3a des Arg molecule is one of three activation fragments formed from the activation of the complement cascade. C3a des Arg is formed from C3a via carboxypeptidase cleavage of the C-terminal arginine group. The structure of Human C3a des Arg was first reported in 1975 by Hugli. Human C3a des Arg contains 77 amino acids with 6 cysteines involved in disulfide bridges between residues 22-49, 23-56 and 36-57. The C terminal end of C3a des Arg in Human, porcine, rat, mouse and guinea pig is identical. C3a des Arg is a highly cationic molecule containing no carbohydrate. X-ray crystal data shows the N and C terminal residues to have highly flexible helical structures. C3a is one of the most potent constrictors of smooth muscle cells, and guinea pig airways are hyperresponsive to C3a when pretreated with histamine. The long term study of liver and other transplant recipients for both C3a des Arg and C4a des Arg may be useful in assessing a number of pathological conditions. The use of potent protease inhibitors, such as Futhan, in conjunction with EDTA, may allow complement activation factors to be quantitated specifically via inhibition of non-specific protease formation of C3a des Arg.
Compound Cross Reactivity
Human Complement C3a des Arg
Human Complement C3
Human Complement C4a des Arg
0.40% Human Complement C4 0.31%
Human Complement C5 des Arg
0.10% Human Complement C5 0.05%
- Tested applicationsCompetitive ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsPlease refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests Assay Buffer 10 Concentrate 1 x 15ml Complement Reagent A 1 x 15ml Complement Reagent B 1 x 30ml Goat anti-Rabbit IgG Microtiter Plate 1 unit human C3a des Arg Antibody 1 x 6ml human C3a des Arg Conjugate 1 x 6ml human C3a des Arg Standard 2 x 500ng Plate Sealer 2 units pNpp Substrate 1 x 23ml Stop Solution 1 x 6ml Wash Buffer Concentrate 1 x 30ml
- Research Areas
- RelevanceC3 plays a central role in the activation of the complement system. Its processing by C3 convertase is the central reaction in both classical and alternative complement pathways. After activation C3b can bind covalently, via its reactive thioester, to cell surface carbohydrates or immune aggregates. Derived from proteolytic degradation of complement C3, C3a anaphylatoxin is a mediator of local inflammatory process. It induces the contraction of smooth muscle, increases vascular permeability and causes histamine release from mast cells and basophilic leukocytes.
- Cellular localizationSecreted
- C3 and PZP-like alpha-2-macroglobulin domain-containing protein 1
- Complement C3
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab133037 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Complement C3a des Arg Human ELISA Kit images
This curve must not be used to calculate Human C3a des Arg concentrations; each user must run a standard curve for each assay.
References for Complement C3a des Arg Human ELISA Kit (ab133037)
ab133037 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.