Are you submitting a scientific paper for publication soon? Have you cited a small molecule from Abcam? If so, you could be in with a chance of winning a publication grant.
We support scientists worldwide on their journey to publication with our high quality small molecules, comprehensive datasheets and expert scientific support. To help with the last step of this journey, we are giving away $1000 (or equivalent currency) towards the cost of publishing a scientific paper.
How do I enter this draw?
To enter this draw simply complete the entry form here.
1. One grant of up to $1000 (or equivalent currency) is available to win. This grant will be available in the following currencies only: GBP, EUR, USD and JPY, and will only be paid where there would be no infringement of currency controls regulations to do so.
2. A prize of up to $1000 (or equivalent currency) to be reimbursed to the host academic institution upon submission of a valid receipt directly relating to the cost of publishing a scientific paper in a recognized peer-reviewed scientific journal citing a product from Abcam’s Agonists, Antagonists, Activators and Inhibitors range. A scientific paper citing a product from one of Abcam’s other product ranges will not be considered. A copy of the submitted scientific paper and receipt of payment must be submitted to Abcam within one year of draw end date. The content of the scientific paper will be kept strictly confidential. Payments will only be made to the host academic institution and not to individual researchers.
3. The draw is open to all Abcam consumers without further purchase.
4. Entries must be submitted between 9 am from 1 February 2016 to 5 pm on 29 April 2016 (inclusive), all UK time, to be eligible for entry into the draw. Applications automatically generated by computer will be disqualified.
5. A winner will be drawn by Abcam at random.
6. No responsibility is accepted for entries which are invalid, incomplete, illegible, or which fail to be properly submitted.
7. Entries are limited to one per person.
8. The academic institution of the winner will receive a grant of up to $1000 or the equivalent in the relevant currency.
9. The winner will be contacted by 6 May 2016 using the telephone number or email address provided with the entry. If the winner cannot be contacted or is not available, or has not claimed their prize by 16 May 2016, Abcam reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant selected from the correct entries that were received before 5pm UK time on 29 April 2016.
10. The winner is responsible for ensuring that accepting the prize does not infringe the internal rules of their employer and/or host academic institution, and must advise Abcam if they are not permitted to accept the prize. The prize may not be claimed by a third party on a winner’s behalf or donated to a third party. If a winner needs to withdraw for any reason, another winner will be selected at random.
11. Abcam will reimburse the winner to the value of $1,000 following production of a copy of the submitted scientific paper and a valid receipt for payment of publishing costs from a recognized journal. If the publication fee is less than $1000 (or the equivalent in another currency), the winner will not receive the difference in cash.
12. The winner of the draw will be announced publically on social media including twitter after the scientific paper has been published. By entering this draw, you agree that if you are a winner, Abcam may use your name, image, institution and town or county of residence, and the host academic institution, to announce the winner of this draw and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes on social media and in other marketing activities relating to the draw. Winners withdrawing permission will have their prize forfeited, and another winner will be drawn.
13. By entering this draw, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions. You are also agreeing to be contacted by Abcam in relation to the draw only. We will not share your details with anyone else except as specified in paragraph 12. You can opt out of receiving communications from us at any time by unsubscribing from our newsletter. The information you provide will be retained and analyzed for marketing purposes, but we will not contact you for marketing purposes unless you have opted in for marketing communications, and have not unsubscribed, except as outlined in paragraph 12.
14. The decision of Abcam is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into. Abcam reserves the right to disqualify any entry if, in its reasonable opinion, it deems that the scientific paper is not appropriate for funding from Abcam.
15. Abcam reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions of the draw at any time, and to take appropriate action including cancelation of the draw if it deems such action necessary.
16. These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Get resources and offers direct to your inboxSign up