Cow IL12 p40 full length protein (ab87464)
- Product nameCow IL12 p40 full length proteinSee all IL12 p40 proteins and peptides ...
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceMWELEKNVYV VELDWYPDAP GETVVLTCDT PEEDGITWTS DQSSEVLGSG KTLTIQVKEF GDAGQYTCHK GGEALSRSLL LLHKKEDGIW STDILKDQKE PKAKSFLKCE AKDYSGHFTC WWLTAISTDL KFSVKSSRGS SDPRGVTCGA ALLSAEKVSL EHREYNKYTV ECQEGSACPA AEESLLIEVV VEAVHKLKYE NYTSSFFIRD IIKPDPPKNL QLRPLKNSRQ VEVSWEYPDT WSTPHSYFSL TFCVQVQGKN KREKKLFMDQ TSAKVTCHKD ANVRVQARDR YYSSFWSEWA SVSCS
- Amino acids0 to 0
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab87464 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Purity> 95
% by SDS-PAGE.
ab87464 is purified by Ion-exchange chromatography.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
Constituents: 10% Trehalose, 1.0X PBS
- ReconstitutionReconstitute with sterile phosphate-buffered saline containing at least 0.1% carrier protein. Reconstituted protein is stable for at least 3 months when stored in working aliquots with a carrier protein at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- CLMF p40
- Cytotoxic lymphocyte maturation factor 40 kDa subunit
- IL-12 subunit p40
- IL12 subunit p40
- Interleukin 12 p40
- Interleukin 12 subunit beta
- Interleukin 12B
- Interleukin-12 subunit beta
- NK cell stimulatory factor chain 2
- FunctionCytokine that can act as a growth factor for activated T and NK cells, enhance the lytic activity of NK/lymphokine-activated killer cells, and stimulate the production of IFN-gamma by resting PBMC.
Associates with IL23A to form the IL-23 interleukin, an heterodimeric cytokine which functions in innate and adaptive immunity. IL-23 may constitute with IL-17 an acute response to infection in peripheral tissues. IL-23 binds to an heterodimeric receptor complex composed of IL12RB1 and IL23R, activates the Jak-Stat signaling cascade, stimulates memory rather than naive T-cells and promotes production of proinflammatory cytokines. IL-23 induces autoimmune inflammation and thus may be responsible for autoimmune inflammatory diseases and may be important for tumorigenesis.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in IL12B are a cause of mendelian susceptibility to mycobacterial disease (MSMD) [MIM:209950]; also known as familial disseminated atypical mycobacterial infection. This rare condition confers predisposition to illness caused by moderately virulent mycobacterial species, such as Bacillus Calmette-Guerin (BCG) vaccine and environmental non-tuberculous mycobacteria, and by the more virulent Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Other microorganisms rarely cause severe clinical disease in individuals with susceptibility to mycobacterial infections, with the exception of Salmonella which infects less than 50% of these individuals. The pathogenic mechanism underlying MSMD is the impairment of interferon-gamma mediated immunity, whose severity determines the clinical outcome. Some patients die of overwhelming mycobacterial disease with lepromatous-like lesions in early childhood, whereas others develop, later in life, disseminated but curable infections with tuberculoid granulomas. MSMD is a genetically heterogeneous disease with autosomal recessive, autosomal dominant or X-linked inheritance.
Genetic variations in IL12B are a cause of susceptibility to psoriasis type 11 (PSORS11) [MIM:612599]. Psoriasis is a common, chronic inflammatory disease of the skin with multifactorial etiology. It is characterized by red, scaly plaques usually found on the scalp, elbows and knees. These lesions are caused by abnormal keratinocyte proliferation and infiltration of inflammatory cells into the dermis and epidermis.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the type I cytokine receptor family. Type 3 subfamily.
Contains 1 fibronectin type-III domain.
Contains 1 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domain.
modificationsKnown to be C-mannosylated in the recombinant protein; it is not yet known for sure if the wild-type protein is also modified.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
References for Cow IL12 p40 full length protein (ab87464)
ab87464 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.