Cow RANTES full length protein (ab87393)
- Product nameCow RANTES full length proteinSee all RANTES proteins and peptides ...
- SourceSaccharomyces cerevisiae
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceSPYASDTTPC CFAYISRPLP RTHVQEYFYT SSKCSMAAVV FITRKNRQVC ANPEKKWVRE YINALELS
- Amino acids0 to 0
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab87393 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Purity> 95
% by SDS-PAGE.
ab87393 is purified by Ion-exchange chromatography.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
Constituents: 10% Trehalose, 1.0X PBS
- ReconstitutionReconstitute with sterile phosphate-buffered saline containing at least 0.1% carrier protein. Reconstituted protein is stable for at least 3 months when stored in working aliquots with a carrier protein at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- Beta chemokine RANTES precursor
- CCL 5
- Chemokine (C C motif) ligand 5
- Chemokine CC Motif Ligand 5
- Eosinophil chemotactic cytokine
- Regulated upon activation normally T expressed and presumably secreted
- SCYA 5
- SIS delta
- Small inducible cytokine A5
- Small inducible cytokine A5 (RANTES)
- Small inducible cytokine subfamily A (Cys Cys) member 5
- Small-inducible cytokine A5
- T cell specific protein p288
- T cell specific RANTES protein
- T cell-specific protein P228
- T-cell-specific protein RANTES
- TCP 228
- FunctionChemoattractant for blood monocytes, memory T-helper cells and eosinophils. Causes the release of histamine from basophils and activates eosinophils. Binds to CCR1, CCR3, CCR4 and CCR5. One of the major HIV-suppressive factors produced by CD8+ T-cells. Recombinant RANTES protein induces a dose-dependent inhibition of different strains of HIV-1, HIV-2, and simian immunodeficiency virus (SIV). The processed form RANTES(3-68) acts as a natural chemotaxis inhibitor and is a more potent inhibitor of HIV-1-infection. The second processed form RANTES(4-68) exhibits reduced chemotactic and HIV-suppressive activity compared with RANTES(1-68) and RANTES(3-68) and is generated by an unidentified enzyme associated with monocytes and neutrophils.
- Tissue specificityT-cell and macrophage specific.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intercrine beta (chemokine CC) family.
modificationsN-terminal processed form RANTES(3-68) is produced by proteolytic cleavage, probably by DPP4, after secretion from peripheral blood leukocytes and cultured sarcoma cells.
The identity of the O-linked saccharides at Ser-27 and Ser-28 are not reported in PubMed:1380064. They are assigned by similarity.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
References for Cow RANTES full length protein (ab87393)
ab87393 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.