Anti-COX1 / Cyclooxygenase 1 antibody [5F6/F4] (ab695)
- Product nameAnti-COX1 / Cyclooxygenase 1 antibody [5F6/F4]See all COX1 / Cyclooxygenase 1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [5F6/F4] to COX1 / Cyclooxygenase 1
- SpecificityCOX-1. No cross-reactivity with Cox-2.
- Tested applicationsELISA, WB, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, Flow Cyt, IP, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
A preparation of intracellular proteins of the human cell line HL60.
- General notesPlease note that we have received reports from customers working with this antibody that they obtain two stong bands in Western blot. A single band at around 72kDa is expected. One customer reported that when tested with three different human cell lines two strong bands are obtained, one between 40 - 50kDa and other other between 62 - 83kDa. It is possible that a degraded form of the enzyme is detected or the bands may correspond to different glycosylation states.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: PBS (FCS free).
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number5F6/F4
- Light chain typekappa
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Lipoprotein metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab695 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ELISA||ELISA: Use a concentration of 0.001 - 0.01 µg/ml.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 - 2 µg/ml.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 1µg for 106 cells.|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
- FunctionMay play an important role in regulating or promoting cell proliferation in some normal and neoplastically transformed cells.
- PathwayLipid metabolism; prostaglandin biosynthesis.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the prostaglandin G/H synthase family.
Contains 1 EGF-like domain.
- Cellular localizationMicrosome membrane. Endoplasmic reticulum membrane.
- COX 1 antibody
- COX 3 antibody
- COX-1 antibody
- COX1 antibody
- COX3 antibody
- Cyclooxygenase 1 antibody
- Cyclooxygenase 3, included antibody
- Cyclooxygenase-1 antibody
- Cyclooxygenase1 antibody
- EC 184.108.40.206 antibody
- Partial COX1 proteins, included antibody
- PCOX 1 antibody
- PCOX1 antibody
- PGG/HS antibody
- PGH synthase 1 antibody
- PGH1_HUMAN antibody
- PGHS 1 antibody
- PGHS-1 antibody
- PGHS1 antibody
- PHS 1 antibody
- PHS1 antibody
- Prostaglandin endoperoxide synthase 1 antibody
- Prostaglandin G/H synthase 1 antibody
- Prostaglandin G/H synthase and cyclooxygenase antibody
- Prostaglandin H Synthase 1 antibody
- Prostaglandin H2 synthase 1 antibody
- Prostaglandin-endoperoxide synthase 1 (prostaglandin G/H synthase and cyclooxygenase) antibody
- Prostaglandin-endoperoxide synthase 1 antibody
- PTGHS antibody
- PTGS 1 antibody
- PTGS1 antibody
Anti-COX1 / Cyclooxygenase 1 antibody [5F6/F4] images
Lane 1: MM standard
Lane 2: Cox-1 (protein standard prepared from ram seminal vesicles, supplied by Alpha Diagnostic International)
Antibody 5F6/F4: 1
ab695 at 1/400 staining human anal cancer tissue sections by IHC-P. The tissue was formaldehyde fixed and a heat mediated antigen retrieval step in citrate buffer was performed before the tissue was incubated with the antibody for 45 minutes. An HRP conjugated goat anti-mouse antibody was used as the secondary.
Anti-COX1 / Cyclooxygenase 1 antibody [5F6/F4] (ab695) at 1 µg/ml + whole cell lysate prepared from human huh-7 cell line at 15 µg
Sheep anti-mouse IgG conjugated to HRP at 1/1000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Observed band size : 68 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 38 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time : 4 minutes
This image is courtesy of an anonymous abreview.
Overlay histogram showing NIH3T3 cells stained with ab695 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab695, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed.
ab695 staining COX1 / Cyclooxygenase 1 in the Mouse embryonic fibroblasts (MEF)cell line by ICC/IF (Immunocytochemistry/immunofluorescence). Cells were fixed with paraformaldehyde, permeabilized with Triton X-100 1% in PBS and blocked with 5% serum for 60 minutes at 21°C. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/100 in 5% Goat serum) for 2 hours. An Alexa Fluor®546-conjugated Goat anti-mouse IgG polyclonal(1/400) was used as the secondary antibody.
ab695 staining COX1 / Cyclooxygenase 1 in Mouse heart tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (IHC-Fr - frozen sections). Tissue was fixed with paraformaldehyde and blocked with 5% serum for 60 minutes at 25°C. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/200 in 5% Goat serum) for 2 hours. An Alexa Fluor®488-conjugated Goat anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal (1/400) was used as the secondary antibody.
References for Anti-COX1 / Cyclooxygenase 1 antibody [5F6/F4] (ab695)
This product has been referenced in:
- Carlson LM et al. Low-dose aspirin delays an inflammatory tumor progression in vivo in a transgenic mouse model of neuroblastoma. Carcinogenesis 34:1081-8 (2013). IHC ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 23349014) »
- Eilati E et al. Flaxseed enriched diet-mediated reduction in ovarian cancer severity is correlated to the reduction of prostaglandin E2 in laying hen ovaries. Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 89:179-87 (2013). WB . Read more (PubMed: 23978451) »