For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: PBS, BSA, pH 7.2
Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clone numberCX229
- Research areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Application notesIs unsuitable for IHC-Fr,IHC-P or WB.
||Use 1µg for 106 cells. ab91356-Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
- FunctionMediates the formation of prostaglandins from arachidonate. May have a role as a major mediator of inflammation and/or a role for prostanoid signaling in activity-dependent plasticity.
- PathwayLipid metabolism; prostaglandin biosynthesis.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the prostaglandin G/H synthase family.
Contains 1 EGF-like domain.
modificationsS-nitrosylation by NOS2 (iNOS) activates enzme activity. S-nitrosylation may take place on different Cys residues in addition to Cys-561.
- Cellular localizationMicrosome membrane. Endoplasmic reticulum membrane.
Information by UniProt
- COX 2 antibody
- COX-2 antibody
- COX2 antibody
References for Anti-COX2 / Cyclooxygenase 2 antibody [CX229] (FITC) (ab95838)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"