Anti-COX6A1 antibody [14A3AD2BH4 ] (ab110265)
- Product nameAnti-COX6A1 antibody [14A3AD2BH4 ]See all COX6A1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [14A3AD2BH4 ] to COX6A1
- Specificityab110265 recognises the Liver isoform in human, rat, mouse.
- Tested applicationsFlow Cyt, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Rabbit, Cow, Dog
Synthetic peptide: SSGAHGEEGSARMWKALTLF(C), corresponding to amino acids 25-44 of Cow COX6A1
- Positive control
- HepG2, Human, Mouse and Rat heart lysate.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Do not freeze.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
- Concentration information loading...
- Purification notesab110265 was produced in vitro using hybridomas grown in serum-free medium, and then purified by biochemical fractionation.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number14A3AD2BH4
- Light chain typekappa
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab110265 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 1µg for 106 cells.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 12 kDa.|
- FunctionThis protein is one of the nuclear-coded polypeptide chains of cytochrome c oxidase, the terminal oxidase in mitochondrial electron transport.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the cytochrome c oxidase subunit 6A family.
- Cellular localizationMitochondrion inner membrane.
- COX VIa L antibody
- COX VIa-L antibody
- COX6A antibody
- COX6A1 antibody
- COX6AL antibody
- CX6A1_HUMAN antibody
- Cytochrome c oxidase polypeptide VIa liver antibody
- Cytochrome c oxidase polypeptide VIa-liver antibody
- Cytochrome c oxidase subunit 6A1 antibody
- Cytochrome c oxidase subunit 6A1 mitochondrial antibody
- Cytochrome C oxidase subunit VIa homolog antibody
- Cytochrome c oxidase subunit VIA liver antibody
- Cytochrome c oxidase subunit VIa polypeptide 1 antibody
- Cytochrome c oxidase subunit VIA-liver antibody
- MGC104500 antibody
- mitochondrial antibody
Anti-COX6A1 antibody [14A3AD2BH4 ] images
Overlay histogram showing HepG2 cells stained with ab110265 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab110265, 1μg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22°C. The secondary antibody used was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H&L) (ab150113) at 1/2000 dilution for 30 min at 22°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 1μg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Unlabelled sample (blue line) was also used as a control. Acquisition of >5,000 events were collected using a 20mW Argon ion laser (488nm) and 525/30 bandpass filter. This antibody gave a positive signal in HepG2 cells fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min)/permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min used under the same conditions.
All lanes : Anti-COX6A1 antibody [14A3AD2BH4 ] (ab110265) at 5 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Human Heart Lysate
Lane 2 : Rat Heart Lysate
Lane 3 : Mouse Heart Lysate
Lane 4 : HepG2 cell lysate
Predicted band size : 12 kDa
Extra bands in the mouse sample (lane 3) are due to the reaction of the IgG-specific goat anti-mouse secondary antibody with residual mouse blood in the heart tissue, as it is very difficult to entirely remove the blood from these small organs.
References for Anti-COX6A1 antibody [14A3AD2BH4 ] (ab110265)
This product has been referenced in:
- Sohal RS et al. Age-related decrease in expression of mitochondrial DNA encoded subunits of cytochrome c oxidase in Drosophila melanogaster. Mech Ageing Dev 129:558-61 (2008). Read more (PubMed: 18538373) »