Anti-CREB antibody - ChIP Grade (ab31387)
- Product nameAnti-CREB antibody - ChIP GradeSee all CREB primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to CREB - ChIP Grade
- SpecificityImmunogen has 92% alignment to ATF-1
- Tested applicationsChIP, WB, ELISA, IHC-P, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide (Human) - non-phosphopeptide derived from human CREB around the phosphorylation site of Serine 133.
- Positive control
- HeLa cell extract. Human breast carcinoma. This antibody gave a positive result when used in the following methanol fixed cell lines: A549
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab31387 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ChIP||ChIP: Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 20622856|
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 37 kDa.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
- FunctionThis protein binds the cAMP response element (CRE), a sequence present in many viral and cellular promoters. CREB stimulates transcription on binding to the CRE. Transcription activation is enhanced by the TORC coactivators which act independently of Ser-133 phosphorylation. Implicated in synchronization of circadian rhythmicity.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in CREB1 may be a cause of angiomatoid fibrous histiocytoma (AFH) [MIM:612160]. A distinct variant of malignant fibrous histiocytoma that typically occurs in children and adolescents and is manifest by nodular subcutaneous growth. Characteristic microscopic features include lobulated sheets of histiocyte-like cells intimately associated with areas of hemorrhage and cystic pseudovascular spaces, as well as a striking cuffing of inflammatory cells, mimicking a lymph node metastasis. Note=A chromosomal aberration involving CREB1 is found in a patient with angiomatoid fibrous histiocytoma. Translocation t(2;22)(q33;q12) with CREB1 generates a EWSR1/CREB1 fusion gene that is most common genetic abnormality in this tumor type.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the bZIP family.
Contains 1 bZIP domain.
Contains 1 KID (kinase-inducible) domain.
modificationsStimulated by phosphorylation. Phosphorylation of both Ser-133 and Ser-142 in the SCN regulates the activity of CREB and participates in circadian rhythm generation. Phosphorylation of Ser-133 allows CREBBP binding (By similarity). Phosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
Sumoylated by SUMO1. Sumoylation on Lys-304, but not on Lys-285, is required for nuclear localization of this protein. Sumoylation is enhanced under hypoxia, promoting nuclear localization and stabilization.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- Active transcription factor CREB antibody
- cAMP response element binding protein 1 antibody
- cAMP response element binding protein antibody
- cAMP responsive element binding protein 1 antibody
- cAMP-responsive element-binding protein 1 antibody
- CREB 1 antibody
- CREB antibody
- CREB-1 antibody
- CREB1 antibody
- CREB1_HUMAN antibody
- Cyclic AMP-responsive element-binding protein 1 antibody
- MGC9284 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000163864 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000163865 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000206660 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000206662 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000206667 antibody
- Transactivator protein antibody
Anti-CREB antibody - ChIP Grade images
ICC/IF image of ab31387 stained A549 cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody ab31387 at 1µg/ml overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was DyLight® 488 goat anti- rabbit (ab96899) IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
All lanes : Anti-CREB antibody - ChIP Grade (ab31387) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Mouse primary hippocampal neurons whole cell lysate
Lane 2 : Rat primary hippocampal neurons whole cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 30 µg per lane.
Undiluted HRP-conjugated Goat anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 37 kDa
Observed band size : 37 kDa
Exposure time : 10 seconds
This image is courtesy of an anonymous Abreview
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin embedded breast carcinoma tissue sections, using 1/50 ab31387. Left: Untreated sample; Right: Sample treated with synthesized peptide (negative control).Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin embedded breast carcinoma tissue sections, using 1/50 ab31387. Left: Untreated sample; Right: Sample treated with synthesized peptide (negative control).
Lane 1 : Anti-CREB antibody - ChIP Grade (ab31387) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 2 : Anti-CREB antibody - ChIP Grade (ab31387) at 1/500 dilution (treated with synthesized peptide )
Lane 1 : HeLa cell extract
Lane 2 : HeLa cell extract
Predicted band size : 37 kDa
References for Anti-CREB antibody - ChIP Grade (ab31387)
This product has been referenced in:
- Vialou V et al. Serum response factor and cAMP response element binding protein are both required for cocaine induction of ?FosB. J Neurosci 32:7577-84 (2012). ChIP ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 22649236) »
- Gao J et al. A novel pathway regulates memory and plasticity via SIRT1 and miR-134. Nature 466:1105-9 (2010). WB, ChIP ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 20622856) »