Anti-Cyclin A2 antibody (ab7956)
- Product nameAnti-Cyclin A2 antibodySee all Cyclin A2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Cyclin A2
- SpecificityReacts with cyclin A2.
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, IHC-Fr, IP, WB, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Does not react withAfrican Green Monkey
Synthetic peptide: HSKYHSVSLLNPPETLSV, corresponding to C terminal amino acids 405-422 of Mouse Cyclin A.
- Positive control
- K562, HeLa IF/ICC: HeLa cell line
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
- Storage bufferPBS with 0.1% sodium azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab7956 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 20133761Use at an assay dependent dilution (PMID 20133761).|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Predicted molecular weight: 49 kDa.Can be blocked with Cyclin A peptide (ab8011).|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/150. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol. Overnight incubation may increase the signal with this antibody (see Abreview).|
- FunctionEssential for the control of the cell cycle at the G1/S (start) and the G2/M (mitosis) transitions.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the cyclin family. Cyclin AB subfamily.
- Developmental stageAccumulates steadily during G2 and is abruptly destroyed at mitosis.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Cytoplasmic when associated with SCAPER.
- CCN1 antibody
- CCNA antibody
- CCNA2 antibody
- CCNA2_HUMAN antibody
- Cyclin A2 antibody
- Cyclin-A antibody
- Cyclin-A2 antibody
Anti-Cyclin A2 antibody images
ab7956 at 1/150 staining developing mouse embryo tissue sections (5 microns) by IHC-P. The tissue was formaldehyde fixed and and heat mediated antigen retrieval step in citric acid buffer was performed. The tissue was blocked in BSA and incubated with the antibody for 2 hours. A biotinylated goat antibody was used as the secondary. The image shows T/S of developing oesophagus, trachea, skeletal muscle and blood vessel wall.
ICC/IF image of ab7956 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab7956, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96899, DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
References for Anti-Cyclin A2 antibody (ab7956)
This product has been referenced in:
- Li Y et al. Acute myocardial infarction induced functional cardiomyocytes to re-enter the cell cycle. Am J Transl Res 5:327-35 (2013). WB ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 23634243) »
- Li YG et al. Polysaccharide from Phellinus linteus induces S-phase arrest in HepG2 cells by decreasing calreticulin expression and activating the P27kip1-cyclin A/D1/E-CDK2 pathway. J Ethnopharmacol 150:187-95 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 24001891) »