Anti-Cyclin B1 antibody (ab7957)
- Product nameAnti-Cyclin B1 antibodySee all Cyclin B1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Cyclin B1
- SpecificityReacts with cyclin B1
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, IHC-Fr, IP, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide: TLPQLNSALVQDLAKAVAKV, corresponding to C terminal amino acids 414-433 of Human Cyclin B1.
- Positive control
- HeLa and K-562 IHC-P: FFPE human cervix tissue sections.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
- Storage bufferPBS with 0.1% sodium azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab7957 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent concentration. Detects a band of approximately 58 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 49 kDa).Can be blocked with Cyclin B1 peptide (ab8012).|
- FunctionEssential for the control of the cell cycle at the G2/M (mitosis) transition.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the cyclin family. Cyclin AB subfamily.
- Developmental stageAccumulates steadily during G2 and is abruptly destroyed at mitosis.
modificationsUbiquitinated by the SCF(NIPA) complex during interphase, leading to its destruction. Not ubiquitinated during G2/M phases.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Cytoplasm > cytoskeleton > centrosome.
- CCNB 1 antibody
- CCNB antibody
- CCNB1 antibody
- CCNB1_HUMAN antibody
- G2 mitotic specific cyclin B1 antibody
- G2/mitotic-specific cyclin-B1 antibody
Anti-Cyclin B1 antibody images
IHC image of Cyclin B1 staining in human cervix formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica Bond system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab7957, 5µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
Predicted band size : 49 kDa
ab7957 staining Cyclin B1 in HeLa whole cell lysate ab7957 staining Cyclin B1 in HeLa whole cell lysate
References for Anti-Cyclin B1 antibody (ab7957)
This product has been referenced in:
- Macurek L et al. Downregulation of Wip1 phosphatase modulates the cellular threshold of DNA damage signaling in mitosis. Cell Cycle 12:251-62 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 23255129) »
- van der Horst A & Khanna KK The peptidyl-prolyl isomerase Pin1 regulates cytokinesis through Cep55. Cancer Res 69:6651-9 (2009). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 19638580) »