Anti-Cyclin D1 [CD1.1] antibody (ab6152)
- Product nameAnti-Cyclin D1 [CD1.1] antibodySee all Cyclin D1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [CD1.1] to Cyclin D1
- SpecificityThe antibody CD1.1 recognizes cyclin D1, an ubiquitously expressed 33 kDa protein that migrates as a 36 kDa band under reducing SDS-PAGE conditions.
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, IHC-Fr, Flow Cyt, WB, IP, ELISA, ICC more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Chicken, Cow, Dog, Orangutan
Full length protein corresponding to Cyclin D1. Purified cyclin D1 protein.
Sequence: MEHQLLCCEVETIRRAYPDANLLNDRVLRAMLKAEETCAP SVSYFKCVQKEVLPSMRKIV ATWMLEVCEEQKCEEEVF PLAMNYLDRFLSLEPVKKSRLQLLGATCMFVASKMKETIP LT AEKLCIYTDNSIRPEELLQMELLLVNKLKWNLAAMT PHDFIEHFLSKMPEAEENKQIIRK HAQTFVALCATDVK FISNPPSMVAAGSVVAAVQGLNLRSPNNFLSYYRLTRFLS RVIKCD PDCLRACQEQIEALLESSLRQAQQNMDPKAAE EEEEEEEEVDLACTPTDVRDVDI
Database link: P24385
- Positive control
- Small intestine, colon
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C long term. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferpH: 7.4
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituent: 99% PBS
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Purification notesPurified from ascites by protein-A affinity chromatography. Purity > 95% (by SDS-PAGE).
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberCD1.1
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab6152 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/1000 - 1/10000.
We recommend antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (10mM Sodium Citrate, 0.05% Tween 20, pH 6.0) before IHC staining.
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use a concentration of 2 µg/ml.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use at an assay dependent concentration.
Membrane permeabilization is required.
|WB||WB: 1/500. Detects a band of approximately 36 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 33 kDa).|
|IP||IP: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|ELISA||ELISA: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ICC||ICC: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
- FunctionEssential for the control of the cell cycle at the G1/S (start) transition.
- Involvement in diseaseNote=A chromosomal aberration involving CCND1 may be a cause of B-lymphocytic malignancy, particularly mantle-cell lymphoma (MCL). Translocation t(11;14)(q13;q32) with immunoglobulin gene regions. Activation of CCND1 may be oncogenic by directly altering progression through the cell cycle.
Note=A chromosomal aberration involving CCND1 may be a cause of parathyroid adenomas. Translocation t(11;11)(q13;p15) with the parathyroid hormone (PTH) enhancer.
Defects in CCND1 are a cause of multiple myeloma (MM) [MIM:254500]. MM is a malignant tumor of plasma cells usually arising in the bone marrow and characterized by diffuse involvement of the skeletal system, hyperglobulinemia, Bence-Jones proteinuria and anemia. Complications of multiple myeloma are bone pain, hypercalcemia, renal failure and spinal cord compression. The aberrant antibodies that are produced lead to impaired humoral immunity and patients have a high prevalence of infection. Amyloidosis may develop in some patients. Multiple myeloma is part of a spectrum of diseases ranging from monoclonal gammopathy of unknown significance (MGUS) to plasma cell leukemia. Note=A chromosomal aberration involving CCND1 is found in multiple myeloma. Translocation t(11;14)(q13;q32) with the IgH locus.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the cyclin family. Cyclin D subfamily.
modificationsPhosphorylation at Thr-286 by MAP kinases is required for ubiquitination and degradation following DNA damage. It probably plays an essential role for recognition by the FBXO31 component of SCF (SKP1-cullin-F-box) protein ligase complex.
Ubiquitinated, primarily as 'Lys-48'-linked polyubiquitination. Ubiquitinated by a SCF (SKP1-CUL1-F-box protein) ubiquitin-protein ligase complex containing FBXO4 and CRYAB (By similarity). Following DNA damage it is ubiquitinated by some SCF (SKP1-cullin-F-box) protein ligase complex containing FBXO31. Ubiquitination leads to its degradation and G1 arrest. Deubiquitinated by USP2; leading to stabilize it.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- Entrez Gene: 396341 Chicken
- Entrez Gene: 524530 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 449028 Dog
- Entrez Gene: 595 Human
- Entrez Gene: 12443 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 100171625 Orangutan
- Entrez Gene: 58919 Rat
- Omim: 168461 Human
- SwissProt: P55169 Chicken
- SwissProt: Q2KI22 Cow
- SwissProt: Q64HP0 Dog
- SwissProt: P24385 Human
- SwissProt: P25322 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q5R6J5 Orangutan
- SwissProt: P39948 Rat
- Unigene: 523852 Human
- Unigene: 667996 Human
- Unigene: 273049 Mouse
- Unigene: 22279 Rat
- AI327039 antibody
- B cell ccl/lymphoma 1 antibody
- B cell CLL/lymphoma 1 antibody
- B cell leukemia 1 antibody
- B cell leukemia 1 antibody
- B cell lymphoma 1 protein antibody
- B-cell lymphoma 1 protein antibody
- BCL 1 antibody
- BCL-1 antibody
- BCL-1 oncogene antibody
- BCL1 antibody
- BCL1 oncogene antibody
- CCND 1 antibody
- CCND1 antibody
- CCND1 protein antibody
- CCND1/FSTL3 fusion gene, included antibody
- CCND1/IGHG1 fusion gene antibody
- CCND1/IGHG1 fusion gene, included antibody
- CCND1/IGLC1 fusion gene, included antibody
- CCND1/PTH fusion gene, included antibody
- CCND1_HUMAN antibody
- cD1 antibody
- Cyl 1 antibody
- D11S287E antibody
- G1/S specific cyclin D1 antibody
- G1/S-specific cyclin-D1 antibody
- Parathyroid adenomatosis 1 antibody
- PRAD1 antibody
- PRAD1 oncogene antibody
- U21B31 antibody
Anti-Cyclin D1 [CD1.1] antibody images
Immunohistochemical analysis of Huh7 tumour xenografts grown in mice treated with either control (left) or anti-Wnt1 antibody (right), staining Cyclin D1 with ab6152. Sections were fixed in acetone before incubation with primary antibody (1/250). Staining was detected using HRP.
References for Anti-Cyclin D1 [CD1.1] antibody (ab6152)
This product has been referenced in:
- Shi H et al. Improved regenerative myogenesis and muscular dystrophy in mice lacking Mkp5. J Clin Invest 123:2064-77 (2013). Flow Cyt ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 23543058) »
- Nicholas C et al. PRMT5 Is Upregulated in Malignant and Metastatic Melanoma and Regulates Expression of MITF and p27(Kip1.). PLoS One 8:e74710 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 24098663) »