Cytochrome c Profiling ELISA Kit (ab110172)
- Product nameCytochrome c Profiling ELISA KitSee all Cytochrome c kits ...
- Detection methodColorimetric
- Tests1 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeCell culture extracts, Tissue
- Assay typeSandwich (qualitative)
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Human
- Product overview
ab110172 (MSA41) is a 96-well microplate assay that is used to determine the amount of cytochrome c in a human, mouse, rat or bovine sample. Cytochrome c is immunocaptured within the wells and the amount is determined by adding a cytochrome c specific antibody conjugated with horseradish peroxidase. This peroxidase changes the substrate from colorless to blue at 600 nm. This reaction takes place in a time dependent manner proportional to the amount of protein captured in the wells. The rate of development of blue color can be followed at 600 nm or the reaction can be stopped at a user defined time by the addition of 100 µl of 1.5N HCl to each well (not supplied) and read at 450 nm. Included for the performance of this quantity assay are buffers, detergent, substrates, and 96-well microplate with monoclonal antibody pre-bound to the wells of the plate, allowing for a stream-lined assay.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 96 tests 10X Blocking Buffer 1 x 15ml 20X Buffer Tube 1 1 x 15ml 20X Detector antibody Tube A 1 x 1ml 20X HRP label Tube B 1 x 1ml 20X Wash Buffer Tube 3 1 x 15ml 96-well pre-coated microplate 1 unit Detergent 1 x 1ml HRP Development Solution 1 x 20ml
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Integration of energy
- RelevanceCytochrome c plays an important role in apoptosis. The protein is located in the space between the inner and outer mitochondrial membranes. An apoptotic stimulus triggers the release of cytochrome c from the mitochondria into cytosol where it binds to Apaf-1. The cytochrome c/Apaf-1 complex activates caspase-9, which then activates caspase-3 and other downstream caspases.
- Cellular localizationMitochondrial
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab110172 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Cytochrome c Profiling ELISA Kit images
Principle of Sandwich ELISA used in Cytochrome c Protein Quantity Microplate Assay Kit (ab110172). Substrate plus HRP or AP conjugated to streptavidin provide a colorimetric signal that is readable by any plate readers capable of standard ELISA absorbance measurements.