DR4 (CD261) Human ELISA Kit (ab46510)
- Product nameDR4 (CD261) Human ELISA Kit
- Detection methodColorimetric
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% A 8 475pg/ml 13 2.76% B 8 54pg/ml 4 7.57%
- Tests1 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
- Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
- Sensitivity< 8 pg/ml
- Range31.25 pg/ml - 1000 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Serum 93.4 250pg/ml - 1000pg/ml
- Assay time2h 30m
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Product overview
Abcam’s DR4 (CD261) Human in vitro ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for the quantitative measurement of DR4 in serum, plasma, buffered solutions and cell culture media.
A monoclonal antibody specific for DR4 has been coated onto the wells of the microtiter strips provided. Samples, including standards of known DR4 concentrations, control specimens or unknowns are pipetted into these wells. During the first incubation, the standards or samples and a biotinylated monoclonal antibody specific for DR4 are simultaneously incubated. After washing, the enzyme Streptavidin-HRP, that binds the biotinylated antibody is added, incubated and washed. A TMB substrate solution is added which acts on the bound enzyme to induce a colored reaction product. The intensity of this colored product is directly proportional to the concentration of DR4 present in the samples.
This kit will recognize both endogenous and recombinant Human DR4.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 1 x 96 tests 2 x 96 tests 10X Standard Diluent Buffer Black 1 x 25ml 1 x 25ml 200X Wash Buffer White 1 x 10ml 2 x 10ml Biotinylated Antibody Diluent Red 1 x 7ml 1 x 13ml Biotinylated anti-DR4 Red 1 x 400µl 2 x 400µl Chromogen TMB Substrate Solution 1 x 11ml 1 x 24ml DR4 Microplate (12 x 8 well strips) 1 unit 2 units DR4 Standard (lyophilized) Yellow 2 vials 4 vials HRP Diluent Red 1 x 23ml 1 x 23ml Stop Reagent Black 1 x 11ml 2 x 11ml Streptavidin-HRP 2 x 5µl 4 x 5µl
- Research Areas
- RelevanceHuman Trail R1, CD261 or DR4 (Death Receptor 4) is a TNF receptor, which is a receptor for Trail (APO2 ligand). DR4 is involved in apoptosis. In the Trail receptor family, DR4, but also Trail R2 (DR5) transduce an apoptosis signal, whereas Trail R3 (DcR1) and Trail R4 (DcR2) antagonize TRAIL-induced apoptosis. Binding of trimeric Trail to DR4 induces apoptosis by oligomerization (likely to be trimerization) of the receptor. DR4 cDNA encodes a 468 amino acid residue precursor protein containing extracellular cysteine-rich domains, a transmembrane domain and a cytoplasmic death domain. DR4 shares 55% of its amino acid sequence with Trail R2. DR4 is widely expressed in normal tissue.
- Cellular localizationCell Membrane; single-pass type I membrane protein
- Death receptor 4
- TRAIL receptor 1
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab46510 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for DR4 (CD261) Human ELISA Kit (ab46510)
ab46510 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.