- Product nameDyngo-4a™
- DescriptionNovel, highly potent dynamin inhibitor. Dynasore (ab120192) analog.
- Biological descriptionNovel, highly potent dynamin inhibitor (IC50 values are 380 nM and 2.6 μM at dynamin I and II respectively). Dynasore (ab120192) analog. Prevents botulin neurotoxin A (BoNTs) uptake and internalisation, and prevents SNAP25 cleavage. Inhibits BoNTs induced paralysis and delays botulism onset.
- General notes
Sold under exclusive licence from Children's Medical Research Institute and Newcastle Innovation Ltd. Dyngo4A™ is a trademark of Children's Medical Research Institute and Newcastle Innovation Ltd.
- Chemical name3-Hydroxy-N'-[(2,4,5-trihydroxyphenyl)methylidene]naphthalene-2-carbohydrazide
- Molecular Weight338.31
- Chemical structure
- Molecular formulaC18H14N2O5
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C (desiccating conditions).
- Solubility overviewSoluble in DMSO to 100 mM
Providing storage is as stated on the product vial and the vial is kept tightly sealed, the product can be stored for up to 6 months.
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab120689 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Functional Studies||FuncS: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
ab66705 staining PAI1 in HeLa cells treated with dyngo-4a™(ab120689), by ICC/IF. Increase in PAI1 expression correlates with increased concentration of dyngo-4a™, as described in literature.
The cells were incubated at 37°C for 6h in media containing different concentrations of ab120689 (dyngo-4a™) in DMSO, fixed with 100% methanol for 5 minutes at -20°C and blocked with PBS containing 10% goat serum, 0.3 M glycine, 1% BSA and 0.1% tween for 2h at room temperature. Staining of the treated cells with ab66705 (5 µg/ml) was performed overnight at 4°C in PBS containing 1% BSA and 0.1% tween. A DyLight 488 goat anti-rabbit polyclonal antibody (ab96899) at 1/250 dilution was used as the secondary antibody. Nuclei were counterstained with DAPI and are shown in blue.
References for Dyngo-4a™ (ab120689)
This product has been referenced in:
- Harper CB et al. Targeting membrane trafficking in infection prophylaxis: dynamin inhibitors. Trends Cell Biol 23:90-101 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 23164733) »
- Harper CB et al. Dynamin inhibition blocks botulinum neurotoxin type A endocytosis in neurons and delays botulism. J Biol Chem 286:35966-76 (2011). Read more (PubMed: 21832053) »