- Product nameDynole-31-2™
- DescriptionNegative control for Dynole 34-2™
- Biological descriptionNegative control molecule for use with Dynole 34-2™ ab120463. Displays no significant activity at dynamin I or II (up to 300 µM).
- Purity> 98%
- General notes
Sold under exclusive licence from Children's Medical Research Institute and Newcastle Innovation Ltd. Dynole-31-2™ is a trademark of Children's Medical Research Institute and Newcastle Innovation Ltd.
- Chemical name2-Cyano-N-propyl-3-[1-(3-dimethylaminopropyl)-1H-indol-3-yl]acrylamide
- Molecular Weight338.45
- Chemical structure
- Molecular formulaC20H26N4O
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C (desiccating conditions).
- Solubility overviewSoluble in DMSO to 100 mM
Providing storage is as stated on the product vial and the vial is kept tightly sealed, the product can be stored for up to 6 months.
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one week. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab120464 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Functional Studies||FuncS: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
ab66705 staining PAI1 in HeLa cells treated with dynole-31-2™ (ab120464), by ICC/IF. No change in PAI1 expression with increased concentration of dynole-31-2™ (negative control for dynole 34-2™ (ab120463), as described in literature.
The cells were incubated at 37°C for 6h in media containing different concentrations of ab120464 (dynole-31-2™) in DMSO, fixed with 100% methanol for 5 minutes at -20°C and blocked with PBS containing 10% goat serum, 0.3 M glycine, 1% BSA and 0.1% tween for 2h at room temperature. Staining of the treated cells with ab66705 (5 µg/ml) was performed overnight at 4°C in PBS containing 1% BSA and 0.1% tween. A DyLight 488 goat anti-rabbit polyclonal antibody (ab96899) at 1/250 dilution was used as the secondary antibody. Nuclei were counterstained with DAPI and are shown in blue.
References for Dynole-31-2™ (ab120464)
This product has been referenced in:
- Hill TA et al. Inhibition of dynamin mediated endocytosis by the dynoles--synthesis and functional activity of a family of indoles. J Med Chem 52:3762-73 (2009). Read more (PubMed: 19459681) »