E-Cadherin (CDH1) Mouse ELISA Kit (ab100678)
- Product nameE-Cadherin (CDH1) Mouse ELISA KitSee all E Cadherin kits ...
- Detection methodColorimetric
- Tests1 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
- Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
- Sensitivity< 6 pg/ml
- Range4.12 pg/ml - 3000 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Cell culture supernatant 114.7 103% - 123% Serum 78.78 69% - 88% Plasma 88.93 76% - 95%
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
- Product overview
Abcam’s E-Cadherin Mouse ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative measurement of Mouse E-Cadherin in serum, plasma and cell culture supernatants.
This assay employs an antibody specific for mouse E-Cadherin coated on a 96- well plate. Standards and samples are pipetted into the wells and E-Cadherin present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and biotinylated anti-mouse E-Cadherin antibody is added. After washing away unbound biotinylated antibody, HRP-conjugated streptavidin is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of E-Cadherin bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 200X HRP-Streptavidin Concentrate 1 x 200µl 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 1 x 25ml 5X Assay Diluent B 1 x 15ml Assay Diluent A 1 x 30ml Biotinylated anti-Mouse E-Cadherin 2 vials E Cadherin Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Recombinant Mouse E-Cadherin Standard 2 vials Stop Solution 1 x 8ml TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent 1 x 12ml
- Research Areas
- RelevanceOne of the epithelial cell adhesion molecules, E Cadherin, plays an important role in the formation of cell-cell contacts in epithelia irrespective their origin form ecto-, meso- or endodermal tissue. This early adhesion event between epithelial cells is a prerequisite for the assembly of all elements of the junctional complex. Furthermore, E Cadherin plays a crucial role in the maintenance of the epithelial junctional complex and is as such an important molecule in maintaining epithelial integrity. Over 90% of the malignant tumors are carcimomas. One of the prerequisites for the release of carcinoma cells from the primary site might be a defect in intercellular adhesion mediated by the absence of E Cadherin expression. Therefore, the expression of E Cadherin might be an important parameter for the determination of the invasive potential of epithelial neoplasms, and for the transition of a benign to a malignant neoplasm.
- Arc 1
- Cadherin 1
- cadherin 1 type 1 E-cadherin
- CAM 120/80
- CD 234
- CD324 antigen
- Epithelial cadherin
- epithelial calcium dependant adhesion protein
- Liver cell adhesion molecule
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab100678 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
E-Cadherin (CDH1) Mouse ELISA Kit images
References for E-Cadherin (CDH1) Mouse ELISA Kit (ab100678)
ab100678 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.