Anti-eIF4A3 antibody (ab115022)
- Product nameAnti-eIF4A3 antibodySee all eIF4A3 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to eIF4A3
- Tested applicationsIP more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide, corresponding to a region within amino acids 1-50 of Human eIF4A3 (NP_055555.1).
- Positive controlHela whole cell lysate
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituent: 99% Tris citrate/phosphate
Note: pH 7 to 8
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesab115022 was affinity purified using an epitope specific to eIF4A3 immobilized on solid support.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab115022 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IP||IP: Use at 2-5 µg/mg of lysate.|
- FunctionATP-dependent RNA helicase. Component of a splicing-dependent multiprotein exon junction complex (EJC) deposited at splice junction on mRNAs. The EJC is a dynamic structure consisting of a few core proteins and several more peripheral nuclear and cytoplasmic associated factors that join the complex only transiently either during EJC assembly or during subsequent mRNA metabolism. Core components of the EJC, that remains bound to spliced mRNAs throughout all stages of mRNA metabolism, functions to mark the position of the exon-exon junction in the mature mRNA and thereby influences downstream processes of gene expression including mRNA splicing, nuclear mRNA export, subcellular mRNA localization, translation efficiency and nonsense-mediated mRNA decay (NMD). Constitutes at least part of the platform anchoring other EJC proteins to spliced mRNAs. Its RNA-dependent ATPase and RNA-helicase activities are induced by CASC3, but abolished in presence of the MAGOH/RBM8A heterodimer, thereby trapping the ATP-bound EJC core onto spliced mRNA in a stable conformation. The inhibition of ATPase activity by the MAGOH/RBM8A heterodimer increases the RNA-binding affinity of the EJC. Involved in translational enhancement of spliced mRNAs after formation of the 80S ribosome complex. Binds spliced mRNA in sequence-independent manner, 20-24 nucleotides upstream of mRNA exon-exon junctions. Shows higher affinity for single-stranded RNA in an ATP-bound core EJC complex than after the ATP is hydrolyzed.
- Tissue specificityUbiquitously expressed.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the DEAD box helicase family. eIF4A subfamily.
Contains 1 helicase ATP-binding domain.
Contains 1 helicase C-terminal domain.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Nucleus speckle. Cytoplasm. Nucleocytoplasmic shuttling protein. Travels to the cytoplasm as part of the exon junction complex (EJC) bound to mRNA. Detected in dendritic layer as well as the nuclear and cytoplasmic (somatic) compartments of neurons. Colocalizes with STAU1 and FMR1 in dendrites.
- ATP-dependent RNA helicase DDX48 antibodyATP-dependent RNA helicase eIF4A-3 antibodyDDX48 antibody
- DEAD box protein 48 antibodyeIF-4A-III antibodyeIF4A-III antibodyEIF4A3 antibodyeIF4AIII antibodyEukaryotic initiation factor 4A-III antibodyEukaryotic initiation factor 4A-like NUK-34 antibodyEukaryotic translation initiation factor 4A isoform 3 antibodyhNMP 265 antibodyIF4A3_HUMAN antibodyNMP 265 antibodyNMP265 antibodyNuclear matrix protein 265 antibodyNUK34 antibody
Anti-eIF4A3 antibody images
Detection of eIF4A3 by Western Blot of Immunprecipitate.
Anti-eIF4A3, at 0.4 µg/ml, staining eIF4A3 Lin Hea whole cell lysate immunoprecipitated using ab115022 at 6 µg/mg lysate (1 mg/IP; 20% of IP loaded/lane).
Detection: Chemiluminescence with exposure time of 30 seconds.
References for Anti-eIF4A3 antibody (ab115022)
ab115022 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.