Anti-eNOS (phospho S1177) antibody (ab51038)
- Product nameAnti-eNOS (phospho S1177) antibodySee all eNOS primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to eNOS (phospho S1177)
- SpecificityThis antibody detects endogenous levels of eNOS only when phosphorylated at serine 1176
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human eNOS (phospho S1177).
- Positive controlHeLa cell extract
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS, 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesThe antibody was affinity purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity chromatography using epitope specific phosphopeptide. The antibody against non-phosphopeptide was removed by chromatography using non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the phosphorylation site.
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab51038 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 133 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 133 kDa).|
- FunctionProduces nitric oxide (NO) which is implicated in vascular smooth muscle relaxation through a cGMP-mediated signal transduction pathway. NO mediates vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF)-induced angiogenesis in coronary vessels and promotes blood clotting through the activation of platelets.
- Tissue specificityPlatelets, placenta, liver and kidney.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the NOS family.
Contains 1 FAD-binding FR-type domain.
Contains 1 flavodoxin-like domain.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane. Membrane > caveola. Cytoplasm > cytoskeleton. Golgi apparatus. Specifically associates with actin cytoskeleton in the G2 phase of the cell cycle and which is favored by interaction with NOSIP and results in a reduced enzymatic activity.
- cNOS antibodyConstitutive NOS antibodyEC NOS antibody
- EC-NOS antibodyecNOS antibodyEndothelial nitric oxidase synthase antibodyEndothelial nitric oxide synthase antibodyEndothelial nitric oxide synthase 3 antibodyEndothelial NOS antibodyeNOS antibodyNitric oxide synthase 3 (endothelial cell) antibodyNitric oxide synthase 3 antibodyNitric oxide synthase 3 endothelial cell antibodyNitric oxide synthase endothelial antibodyNitric oxide synthase, endothelial antibodyNOS 3 antibodyNOS III antibodyNOS type III antibodyNOS3 antibodyNOS3_HUMAN antibodyNOSIII antibody
Anti-eNOS (phospho S1177) antibody images
All lanes : Anti-eNOS (phospho S1177) antibody (ab51038) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : HeLa cell extract treated with Insulin (0.01 U/ml for 15min), with the immunising peptide
Lane 2 : HeLa cell extract treated with Insulin (0.01 U/ml for 15min), without the immunising peptide
Predicted band size : 133 kDa
Observed band size : 133 kDa
References for Anti-eNOS (phospho S1177) antibody (ab51038)
This product has been referenced in:
- Cheang WS et al. Endothelial nitric oxide synthase enhancer reduces oxidative stress and restores endothelial function in db/db mice. Cardiovasc Res 92:267-75 (2011). Read more (PubMed: 21875904) »