Anti-EGFR [ICR10] antibody (ab231)
- Product nameAnti-EGFR [ICR10] antibodySee all EGFR primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRat monoclonal [ICR10] to EGFR
- SpecificityICR10 recognises only wild-type Human epidermal growth factor receptor (EGF-R). It does not react with erb-B2.
- Tested applicationsInhibition Assay, Flow Cyt, ELISA, IP, IHC-Fr more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Extracellular domain of Human EGF-receptor from head and neck carcinoma
- EpitopeICR10 binds to epitope B, and has an affinity of 6.7x10-9 M.
- Positive control
- FACS: A431 cells IHC: Breast Carcinoma tissue WB: HN5 cell lysate
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferConstituent: PBS
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Purification notesPurified IgG prepared by ion exchange chromotography from ascites. Contains 0.02% sodium azide as preservative.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberICR10
- Light chain typeunknown
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab231 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Inhibition Assay||Inhib: Use at an assay dependent dilution. See ELISA Abreview.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: 1/50 - 1/100.|
|ELISA||ELISA: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionReceptor tyrosine kinase binding ligands of the EGF family and activating several signaling cascades to convert extracellular cues into appropriate cellular responses. Known ligands include EGF, TGFA/TGF-alpha, amphiregulin, epigen/EPGN, BTC/betacellulin, epiregulin/EREG and HBEGF/heparin-binding EGF. Ligand binding triggers receptor homo- and/or heterodimerization and autophosphorylation on key cytoplasmic residues. The phosphorylated receptor recruits adapter proteins like GRB2 which in turn activates complex downstream signaling cascades. Activates at least 4 major downstream signaling cascades including the RAS-RAF-MEK-ERK, PI3 kinase-AKT, PLCgamma-PKC and STATs modules. May also activate the NF-kappa-B signaling cascade. Also directly phosphorylates other proteins like RGS16, activating its GTPase activity and probably coupling the EGF receptor signaling to the G protein-coupled receptor signaling. Also phosphorylates MUC1 and increases its interaction with SRC and CTNNB1/beta-catenin.
Isoform 2 may act as an antagonist of EGF action.
- Tissue specificityUbiquitously expressed. Isoform 2 is also expressed in ovarian cancers.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in EGFR are associated with lung cancer (LNCR) [MIM:211980]. LNCR is a common malignancy affecting tissues of the lung. The most common form of lung cancer is non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) that can be divided into 3 major histologic subtypes: squamous cell carcinoma, adenocarcinoma, and large cell lung cancer. NSCLC is often diagnosed at an advanced stage and has a poor prognosis.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Tyr protein kinase family. EGF receptor subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsPhosphorylation at Ser-695 is partial and occurs only if Thr-693 is phosphorylated. Phosphorylation at Thr-678 and Thr-693 by PRKD1 inhibits EGF-induced MAPK8/JNK1 activation. Dephosphorylation by PTPRJ prevents endocytosis and stabilizes the receptor at the plasma membrane. Autophosphorylation at Tyr-1197 is stimulated by methylation at Arg-1199 and enhances interaction with PTPN6. Autophosphorylation at Tyr-1092 and/or Tyr-1110 recruits STAT3.
Monoubiquitinated and polyubiquitinated upon EGF stimulation; which does not affect tyrosine kinase activity or signaling capacity but may play a role in lysosomal targeting. Polyubiquitin linkage is mainly through 'Lys-63', but linkage through 'Lys-48', 'Lys-11' and 'Lys-29' also occur. Deubiquitinated by OTUD7B, preventing degradation.
Methylated. Methylation at Arg-1199 by PRMT5 positively stimulates phosphorylation at Tyr-1197.
- Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane. Endoplasmic reticulum membrane. Golgi apparatus membrane. Nucleus membrane. Endosome. Endosome membrane. In response to EGF, translocated from the cell membrane to the nucleus via Golgi and ER. Endocytosed upon activation by ligand.
- Avian erythroblastic leukemia viral (v erb b) oncogene homolog antibody
- Avian erythroblastic leukemia viral (verbb) oncogene homolog antibody
- Cell growth inhibiting protein 40 antibody
- Cell proliferation inducing protein 61 antibody
- EGF R antibody
- EGFR antibody
- EGFR antibody
- EGFR_HUMAN antibody
- Epidermal growth factor receptor (avian erythroblastic leukemia viral (v erb b) oncogene homolog) antibody
- Epidermal growth factor receptor (erythroblastic leukemia viral (v erb b) oncogene homolog avian) antibody
- Epidermal growth factor receptor antibody
- erbb 1 antibody
- Erbb antibody
- Erbb1 antibody
- ERBB1 antibody
- Errp antibody
- HER1 antibody
- mENA antibody
- Oncogene ERBB antibody
- PIG61 antibody
- Proto-oncogene c-ErbB-1 antibody
- Receptor tyrosine protein kinase ErbB 1 antibody
- Receptor tyrosine protein kinase ErbB1 antibody
- Receptor tyrosine-protein kinase ErbB-1 antibody
- Urogastrone antibody
- wa2 antibody
- Wa5 antibody
Anti-EGFR [ICR10] antibody images
Staining of A431 cells with ab231 visualised with F(ab')2 rabbit anti-rat FITC conjugated secondary.
ICC/IF image of ab231 stained human HeLa cells. The cells were methanol fixed (5 min) and incubated with the antibody (ab231, 5µg/ml) for 1h at room temperature. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 donkey anti-rat IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Image-iTTM FX Signal Enhancer was used as the primary blocking agent, 5% BSA (in TBS-T) was used for all other blocking steps. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue). Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red).
ab231 used undiluted in inhibition assay against human recombinant protein EGFR1:Fc to inhibit binding to EGF:Biotin. The primary incubated with sample for 1 hour. The antibody inhibits the binding of biotinylated EGF to coated EGFR:Fc with an IC50 ~ 5 nM.
ab231 staining EGFR in human tumor cell line xenograft in mouse by Immunohistochemistry (Frozen sections).
Tissue was fixed in acetone. Samples incubated with ab231 at a 1/100 dilution for 1 hour at 23°C. The secondary used was an undiluted HRP conjugated goat anti-rat polyclonal.
References for Anti-EGFR [ICR10] antibody (ab231)
This product has been referenced in:
- Geißler C et al. The challenge of tumor heterogeneity--different phenotypes of cancer stem cells in a head and neck squamous cell carcinoma xenograft mouse model. In Vivo 26:593-8 (2012). Read more (PubMed: 22773573) »
- Bachran D et al. Epidermal growth factor receptor expression affects the efficacy of the combined application of saponin and a targeted toxin on human cervical carcinoma cells. Int J Cancer 127:1453-61 (2010). ELISA ; Human, Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 20020492) »