For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Research areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 40 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 40 kDa).
- FunctionBinds RNA. Seems to recognize a GAAA motif. Can bind to its own 3'-UTR, the FOS 3'-UTR and the ID 3'-UTR.
- Tissue specificityBrain; neural-specific.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the RRM elav family.
Contains 3 RRM (RNA recognition motif) domains.
Information by UniProt
- ELAV like neuron specific RNA binding protein 2 antibody
- ELAV like Neuronal Protein 1 antibody
- ELAV like Protein 2 antibody
Anti-ELAVL2 antibody images
Western blot - ELAVL2 antibody (ab96471)
All lanes : Anti-ELAVL2 antibody (ab96471) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Mouse Hippocampus Tissue Lysate
Lane 2 : Rat Hippocampus Tissue Lysate
Lane 3 : Brain (Mouse) Tissue Lysate
Lane 4 : P7 Mouse Brain Tissue Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) preadsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 40 kDa
Observed band size : 40 kDa
Exposure time : 8 minutes
References for Anti-ELAVL2 antibody (ab96471)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"