For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Research areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 34 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 31 kDa).
- FunctionCondensing enzyme that catalyzes the synthesis of saturated and monounsaturated fatty acids. Highest activity toward C16:0 acyl-CoAs.
- Tissue specificityUbiquitous.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ELO family.
- Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum membrane.
Information by UniProt
- 3-keto acyl-CoA synthase ELOVL6 antibody
- Elongation of very long chain fatty acids protein 6 antibody
- ELOV6_HUMAN antibody
Anti-ELOVL6 antibody images
Western blot - ELOVL6 antibody (ab78665)
All lanes : Anti-ELOVL6 antibody (ab78665) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Raji (Human Burkitt's lymphoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : WERI (Human Retinoblastoma) Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) preadsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 31 kDa
Observed band size : 34 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 100 kDa,39 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time : 20 minutes
References for Anti-ELOVL6 antibody (ab78665)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"