Anti-eNOS antibody (ab5589)
- Product nameAnti-eNOS antibodySee all eNOS primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to eNOS
- SpecificityThis antibody does not detect Human inducible NOS or rat brain nNOS. ab5589 has been successfully used in Western blot and immunohistochemistry (paraffin and frozen) procedures. By Western blot, this antibody detects an ~140 kDa protein representing eNOS from Human endothelial cells. By Western blot ab5589 also detects eNOS in rat lung, brain, and canine cardiac microsomes. Immunohistochemical staining of eNOS in Human vascular endothelial cells with ab5589 results in prominent staining of the epithelial cells.
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, IHC-P, IHC-Fr, IHC-FoFr, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Guinea pig, Cow, Dog, Human, Pig
Synthetic peptide: SLQERQLRGAVPWAFD, corresponding to amino acids 1179-1194 of Human NOS (eNOS).
- Positive control
- IHC: Human endothelial cells. WB:canine cardiac microsomes and rat or human lung lysate.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium Azide
Constituents: PBS, 1mg/ml BSA
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab5589 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 16797727|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/100. Antigen retrieval is not essential but may optimise staining.|
|IHC-FoFr||IHC-FoFr: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||WB: 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 133 kDa. By Western blot ab5589 also detects eNOS in canine cardiac microsomes and rat lung.|
- FunctionProduces nitric oxide (NO) which is implicated in vascular smooth muscle relaxation through a cGMP-mediated signal transduction pathway. NO mediates vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF)-induced angiogenesis in coronary vessels and promotes blood clotting through the activation of platelets.
- Tissue specificityPlatelets, placenta, liver and kidney.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the NOS family.
Contains 1 FAD-binding FR-type domain.
Contains 1 flavodoxin-like domain.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane. Membrane > caveola. Cytoplasm > cytoskeleton. Golgi apparatus. Specifically associates with actin cytoskeleton in the G2 phase of the cell cycle and which is favored by interaction with NOSIP and results in a reduced enzymatic activity.
- Entrez Gene: 287024 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 403784 Dog
- Entrez Gene: 4846 Human
- Entrez Gene: 18127 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 397557 Pig
- Entrez Gene: 24600 Rat
- Omim: 163729 Human
- SwissProt: P29473 Cow
- SwissProt: Q9TUX8 Dog
- SwissProt: P97270 Guinea pig
- SwissProt: P29474 Human
- SwissProt: P70313 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q28969 Pig
- SwissProt: Q62600 Rat
- Unigene: 4662 Cow
- Unigene: 108 Dog
- Unigene: 647092 Human
- Unigene: 258415 Mouse
- Unigene: 16364 Pig
- Unigene: 44265 Rat
- cNOS antibody
- Constitutive NOS antibody
- EC NOS antibody
- EC-NOS antibody
- ecNOS antibody
- Endothelial nitric oxidase synthase antibody
- Endothelial nitric oxide synthase antibody
- Endothelial nitric oxide synthase 3 antibody
- Endothelial NOS antibody
- eNOS antibody
- Nitric oxide synthase 3 (endothelial cell) antibody
- Nitric oxide synthase 3 antibody
- Nitric oxide synthase 3 antibody
- Nitric oxide synthase 3 endothelial cell antibody
- Nitric oxide synthase endothelial antibody
- Nitric oxide synthase, endothelial antibody
- NOS 3 antibody
- NOS III antibody
- NOS type III antibody
- NOS3 antibody
- NOS3_HUMAN antibody
- NOSIII antibody
References for Anti-eNOS antibody (ab5589)
This product has been referenced in:
- Stæhr M et al. Deletion of cyclooxygenase-2 in the mouse increases arterial blood pressure with no impairment in renal NO production in response to chronic high salt intake. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 304:R899-907 (2013). Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 23535462) »
- Zhu XY et al. Xuezhikang, extract of red yeast rice, improved abnormal hemorheology, suppressed caveolin-1 and increased eNOS expression in atherosclerotic rats. PLoS One 8:e62731 (2013). WB ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 23675421) »