ErbB3 Human ELISA kit (ab100511)
- Product nameErbB3 Human ELISA kit
- Detection methodColorimetric
- Tests1 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
- Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
- Sensitivity< 4 pg/ml
- Range3.43 pg/ml - 2500 pg/ml
> 90 %
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Cell culture supernatant 100.1 78% - 113% Serum 95.12 79% - 111% Plasma 88.87 71% - 106%
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Product overview
Abcam’s ErbB3 (Epidermal Factor Growth Factor Receptor 3) Human ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative measurement of human ErbB3 in serum, plasma, and cell culture supernatants.
This assay employs an antibody specific for human ErbB3 coated on a 96-well plate. Standards and samples are pipetted into the wells and ErbB3 present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and biotinylated anti-human ErbB3 antibody is added. After washing away unbound biotinylated antibody, HRP-conjugated streptavidin is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of ErbB3 bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 200X HRP-Streptavidin Concentrate 1 x 200µl 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 1 x 25ml 5X Assay Diluent B 1 x 15ml Assay Diluent A 1 x 30ml Biotinylated anti-Human ErbB3 2 vials ErbB3 Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Recombinant Human ErbB3 Standard 2 vials Stop Solution 1 x 8ml TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent 1 x 12ml
- RelevanceThe ErbB3 gene encodes a member of the epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) family of receptor tyrosine kinases. ErbB3 is a membrane-bound protein which has a neuregulin binding domain but not an active kinase domain. It can therefore bind this ligand but cannot convey a signal into the cell via protein phosphorylation. However it does form heterodimers with other EGF receptor family members which do have kinase activity. Heterodimerization leads to the activation of pathways which lead to cell proliferation or differentiation. Amplification of this gene and/or overexpression of its protein have been reported in numerous cancers including prostate, bladder and breast tumors. Alternate transcriptional splice variants encoding different isoforms have been characterized. One isoform lacks the intermembrane region and is secreted outside the cell. This form acts to modulate the activity of the membrane-bound form. Additional splice variants have also been reported but they have not been thoroughly characterized.
- Proto oncogene like protein cErbB3
- Receptor tyrosine protein kinase erbB3
- Tyrosine kinase type cell surface receptor HER3
- SwissProt: P21860 Human
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab100511 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
ErbB3 Human ELISA kit images
TYPICAL STANDARD CURVE - Assay Diluent A – Data provided for demonstration purposes only. A new standard curve must be generated for each assay performed.
TYPICAL STANDARD CURVE - Assay Dilent B – Data provided for demonstration purposes only. A new standard curve must be generated for each assay performed.
References for ErbB3 Human ELISA kit (ab100511)
ab100511 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.