ERK 1/2 Total PhosphoTracer ELISA Kit (ab119626)
- Product nameERK 1/2 Total PhosphoTracer ELISA KitSee all ERK 1/2 (Total) kits ...
- Detection methodFluorescent
- Tests1 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeCell culture extracts
- Assay typeSemi-quantitative
- Sensitivity100 pg/ml
- Range100 pg/ml - 100000 pg/ml
- Assay time2h 0m
- Assay durationOne step assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Hamster, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat
- Product overview
PhosphoTracer assays use a traditional immuno-sandwich format, but with a major difference both the analyte and the assay reagents are added to the PhosphoTracer assay microplate at the same time. After a short incubation period, unbound assay reagents and analytes are washed away, and immuno-complexes containing both antibodies are detected. The process can take as little as 60 minutes to complete.
PhosphoTracer kits also allow a higher degree of assay flexibility. In contrast to other ELISA formats, no antibodies are present on the assay microplate itself, so assays for several different targets can be performed in different wells on the same microplate. Simply mix the lysate with your target reagents of choice, using the microplate configuration of your choice.
A whole new way of performing cellular assays, PhosphoTracer takes the hard work out of running a standard ELISA, while still giving the high quality results expected from a sandwich immunoassay. Fully self-contained kits are supplied in convenient 96-well packs. Simple to use and highly sensitive PhosphoTracer kits are designed to get results, fast.
Abcam's PhosphoTracer ERK 1/2 assay kits detect endogenous levels of ERK 1/2 (GenBank Accessions NP 002737.2 [ERK1], NP 620407 [ERK2]) in cellular lysates. Total ERK 1/2 assay kits detect ERK irrespective of phosphorylation status.
The substrate used with the HRP conjugated detection antibody is a combination of 10-Acetyl-3,7-dihydroxyphenoxazine (ADHP) (wavelength exc/em = 530-540nm / 590-600nm, a highly sensitive and stable substrate for HRP) and ADHP Dilution Buffer (a stabilized H2O2 solution). Learn more about the fluorogenic substrate, ADHP.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 96-well PhosphoTracer assay plate (stripwell) 1 unit Adherent plate seal 2 units ADHP (100X) 1 x 120µl ADHP Dilution Buffer 1 x 15ml Assay Control Lysate (lyophilized) 1 x 0.25ml Enhancer Solution 1 x 1ml Lysis Buffer (5X) 1 x 15ml Mouse monoclonal ERK 1/2 (96 assay points) 1 x 3ml Rabbit monoclonal ERK 1/2 (HRP) (96 assay points) 1 x 3ml Stop Solution 1 x 2ml Wash Buffer (10X) 1 x 15ml
- FunctionInvolved in both the initiation and regulation of meiosis, mitosis, and postmitotic functions in differentiated cells by phosphorylating a number of transcription factors such as ELK1. Phosphorylates EIF4EBP1; required for initiation of translation. Phosphorylates microtubule-associated protein 2 (MAP2). Phosphorylates SPZ1 (By similarity). Phosphorylates heat shock factor protein 4 (HSF4) and ARHGEF2.
Acts as a transcriptional repressor. Binds to a [GC]AAA[GC] consensus sequence. Repress the expression of interferon gamma-induced genes. Seems to bind to the promoter of CCL5, DMP1, IFIH1, IFITM1, IRF7, IRF9, LAMP3, OAS1, OAS2, OAS3 and STAT1. Transcriptional activity is independent of kinase activity.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CMGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. MAP kinase subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- DomainThe TXY motif contains the threonine and tyrosine residues whose phosphorylation activates the MAP kinases.
modificationsDually phosphorylated on Thr-185 and Tyr-187, which activates the enzyme. Dephosphorylated by PTPRJ at Tyr-187.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- ERK 1
- Extracellular signal regulated kinase 1
- Extracellular signal related kinase 1
- Extracellular signal-regulated kinase 2
- Insulin stimulated MAP2 kinase
- MAP kinase 1
- MAP kinase 2
- MAP kinase 3
- MAP kinase isoform p42
- MAP kinase isoform p44
- MAPK 1
- MAPK 2
- Microtubule associated protein 2 kinase
- Mitogen activated protein kinase 3
- Mitogen-activated protein kinase 1
- Mitogen-activated protein kinase 2
- p44 ERK1
- p44 MAPK
- Protein tyrosine kinase ERK2
- Entrez Gene: 5594 Human
- Entrez Gene: 5595 Human
- Entrez Gene: 26413 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 26417 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 16590 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 50689 Rat
- Omim: 176948 Human
- Omim: 601795 Human
- SwissProt: P28482 Human
- SwissProt: P27361 Human
- SwissProt: P63085 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q63844 Mouse
- SwissProt: P21708 Rat
- SwissProt: P63086 Rat
- Unigene: 431850 Human
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab119626 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Sandwich ELISA||sELISA. Tested in HEK293, HeLa, A431, C2C12, Raw264.7, A549, PC3, NIH3T3, U2OS.|
ERK 1/2 Total PhosphoTracer ELISA Kit images
As shown, using the ERK 1/2 assay kits, a significant reduction of ERK 1/2 phosphorylation at Thr202/Tyr204 is detected in A431 cells treated with AG1478 for 3 hours compared with untreated cells, while only a small change in total ERK levels is observed.
PhosphoTracer ERK 1/2 Total ELISA Kit (ab119626) used in Sandwich ELISA.
References for ERK 1/2 Total PhosphoTracer ELISA Kit (ab119626)
ab119626 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.