Erythropoietin (EPO) Human ELISA Kit (ab119522)
- Product nameErythropoietin (EPO) Human ELISA KitSee all Erythropoietin (EPO) kits ...
- Detection methodColorimetric
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 8 3.4% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 8 6.2% Overall 8 6.2%
- Tests1 x 96 test
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
- Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
- Sensitivity0.4 mIU/ml
- Range1.6 mIU/ml - 100 mIU/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Serum 81 71% - 93%
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Product overview
Abcam’s Erythropoietin (EPO) Human in vitro ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for accurate quantitative measurement of Human Erythropoietin concentrations in cell culture supernatant, serum and plasma (EDTA, citrate, heparin).
A Erythropoietin (EPO) specific antibody has been precoated onto 96-well plates. Standards and test samples are added to the wells and along with an Erythropoietin biotinylated detection antibody and the microplate is then incubated at room temperature. Following washing with wash buffer a Streptavidin-HRP conjugate is added to each well, incubated at room temperature and then unbound conjugates are washed away using was buffer. TMB is then used to visualize the HRP enzymatic reaction. TMB is catalyzed by HRP to produce a blue color product that changes into yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is directly proportional to the amount of Erythropoietin captured on the plate.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 20X Assay Buffer Concentrate 1 x 5ml 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 1 x 50ml Adhesive Films 4 units Biotin-Conjugate anti-human Erythropoietin (EPO) monoclonal antibody 1 x 70µl Blue-Dye 1 x 400µl EPO Standard lyophilized (200 mIU/mL upon reconstitution) 2 vials Green-Dye 1 x 400µl High control, lyophilized 1 vial Low control, lyophilized 1 vial Microplate coated with monoclonal antibody to EPO (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Red-Dye 1 x 400µl Sample Diluent 1 x 12ml Stop Solution (1M Phosphoric acid) 1 x 15ml Streptavidin-HRP 1 x 150µl TMB Substrate Solution 1 x 15ml
- FunctionErythropoietin is the principal hormone involved in the regulation of erythrocyte differentiation and the maintenance of a physiological level of circulating erythrocyte mass.
- Tissue specificityProduced by kidney or liver of adult mammals and by liver of fetal or neonatal mammals.
- Involvement in diseaseGenetic variation in EPO is associated with susceptbility to microvascular complications of diabetes type 2 (MVCD2) [MIM:612623]. These are pathological conditions that develop in numerous tissues and organs as a consequence of diabetes mellitus. They include diabetic retinopathy, diabetic nephropathy leading to end-stage renal disease, and diabetic neuropathy. Diabetic retinopathy remains the major cause of new-onset blindness among diabetic adults. It is characterized by vascular permeability and increased tissue ischemia and angiogenesis.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the EPO/TPO family.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab119522 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for Erythropoietin (EPO) Human ELISA Kit (ab119522)
ab119522 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.