Erythropoitin (EPO) Mouse ELISA kit (ab119593)
- Product nameErythropoitin (EPO) Mouse ELISA kitSee all Erythropoietin (EPO) kits ...
- Detection methodColorimetric
- Tests1 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma, Tissue Homogenate
- Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
- Sensitivity< 15 pg/ml
- Range46.9 pg/ml - 3000 pg/ml
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
- Product overview
Abcam’s mouse erythropoitin (EPO) in vitro ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for the accurate quantitative measurement of mouse erythropoitin (EPO) in cell culture supernatants, serum, plasma (heparin) and tissue homogenates.
A erythropoitin (EPO) specific mouse monoclonal antibody has been precoated onto 96-well plates. Standards and test samples are added to the wells and incubated. A biotinylated detection polyclonal antibody from goat specific for erythropoitin (EPO) is added subsequently followed by washing with PBS or TBS buffer. Avidin-Biotin-Peroxidase Complex was added and unbound conjugates were washed away with PBS or TBS buffer. TMB is then used to visualize the HRP enzymatic reaction. TMB is catalyzed by HRP to produce a blue color product that changes into yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is directly proportional to the mouse erythropoitin (EPO) amount of sample captured in plate.
Store at 4°C for frequent use, at -20°C for infrequent use. Avoid multiple freeze-thaw cycles.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests ABC Diluent Buffer 1 x 12ml Antibody Diluent Buffer 1 x 12ml Anti-mouse EPO antibody Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Avidin-Biotin-Peroxidase Complex (ABC) 1 x 130µl Biotinylated anti-mouse EPO antibody 1 x 130µl Lyophilized recombinant mouse EPO standard 2 x 10ng Sample Diluent Buffer 1 x 30ml TMB Color Developing Agent 1 x 10ml TMB Stop Solution 1 x 10ml
- FunctionErythropoietin is the principal hormone involved in the regulation of erythrocyte differentiation and the maintenance of a physiological level of circulating erythrocyte mass.
- Tissue specificityProduced by kidney or liver of adult mammals and by liver of fetal or neonatal mammals.
- Involvement in diseaseGenetic variation in EPO is associated with susceptbility to microvascular complications of diabetes type 2 (MVCD2) [MIM:612623]. These are pathological conditions that develop in numerous tissues and organs as a consequence of diabetes mellitus. They include diabetic retinopathy, diabetic nephropathy leading to end-stage renal disease, and diabetic neuropathy. Diabetic retinopathy remains the major cause of new-onset blindness among diabetic adults. It is characterized by vascular permeability and increased tissue ischemia and angiogenesis.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the EPO/TPO family.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab119593 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for Erythropoitin (EPO) Mouse ELISA kit (ab119593)
ab119593 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.