Anti-Estrogen Receptor alpha antibody (ab37438)
- Product nameAnti-Estrogen Receptor alpha antibodySee all Estrogen Receptor alpha primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Estrogen Receptor alpha
- SpecificityAb37438 is specific for Estrogen Receptor alpha as demonstrated by western blot using recombinant protein and IHC on confirmed Estrogen Receptor positive ductal carcinoma. Please note however that IF positive staining has been demonstrated in HeLa cells which have been reported to be ER alpha negative. Please see IF image below for HeLa staining.
- Tested applicationsIHC-FoFr, IHC-P, WB, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Horse, Cat, Pig, Xenopus laevis
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 200 - 300 of Human Estrogen Receptor alpha.
(Peptide available as ab37519.)
- Positive control
- This antibody gave a positive signal in IF in HeLa, HepG2, MCF7 and Hek293; and a positive signal in IHC in ER positive Human breast ductal carcinoma. The antibody gave a positive signal in WB against recombinant protein.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS. pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab37438 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-FoFr||IHC-FoFr: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 66 kDa.Can be blocked with Human Estrogen Receptor alpha peptide (ab37519).|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
- FunctionNuclear hormone receptor. The steroid hormones and their receptors are involved in the regulation of eukaryotic gene expression and affect cellular proliferation and differentiation in target tissues. Can activate the transcriptional activity of TFF1.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the nuclear hormone receptor family. NR3 subfamily.
Contains 1 nuclear receptor DNA-binding domain.
- DomainComposed of three domains: a modulating N-terminal domain, a DNA-binding domain and a C-terminal ligand-binding domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated by cyclin A/CDK2. Phosphorylation probably enhances transcriptional activity.
Glycosylated; contains N-acetylglucosamine, probably O-linked.
Ubiquitinated. Deubiquitinated by OTUB1.
Dimethylated by PRMT1 at Arg-260. The methylation may favor cytoplasmic localization.
Palmitoylated (isoform 3). Not biotinylated (isoform 3).
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Cell membrane. A minor fraction is associated with the inner membrane and Nucleus. Cytoplasm. Cell membrane. Associated with the inner membrane via palmitoylation.
- Entrez Gene: 552888 Cat
- Entrez Gene: 791249 Horse
- Entrez Gene: 2099 Human
- Entrez Gene: 13982 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 397435 Pig
- Entrez Gene: 24890 Rat
- Omim: 133430 Human
- SwissProt: Q53AD2 Cat
- SwissProt: Q9TV98 Horse
- SwissProt: P03372 Human
- SwissProt: P19785 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q29040 Pig
- SwissProt: P06211 Rat
- SwissProt: P81559 Xenopus laevis
- Unigene: 208124 Human
- Unigene: 463262 Mouse
- Unigene: 9213 Mouse
- Unigene: 10595 Rat
- DKFZp686N23123 antibody
- ER alpha antibody
- ER antibody
- ER-alpha antibody
- Era antibody
- ESR 1 antibody
- ESR antibody
- ESR1 antibody
- ESR1_HUMAN antibody
- ESRA antibody
- Estradiol receptor antibody
- Estrogen nuclear receptor alpha antibody
- Estrogen receptor 1 antibody
- Estrogen receptor alpha 3*,4,5,6,7*/822 isoform antibody
- Estrogen receptor alpha delta 3*,4,5,6,7*,8*/941 isoform antibody
- Estrogen receptor alpha delta 3*,4,5,6,7*/819 2 isoform antibody
- Estrogen receptor alpha delta 4 +49 isoform antibody
- Estrogen receptor alpha delta 4*,5,6,7*/654 isoform antibody
- Estrogen receptor alpha delta 4*,5,6,7,8*/901 isoform antibody
- Estrogen receptor antibody
- Major ORF antibody
- NR3A1 antibody
- Nuclear receptor subfamily 3 group A member 1 antibody
Anti-Estrogen Receptor alpha antibody images
Anti-Estrogen Receptor alpha antibody (ab37438) at 1 µg/ml +
Human Estrogen Receptor alpha full length protein (ab82606) at 0.1 µg
Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG - H&L (HRP), pre-adsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Exposure time : 10 seconds
ab37438 staining uterus (human and mouse) and testis (rat) tissue sections by IHC-P. Sections were formaldehyde fixed and subjected to heat mediated antigen retrieval in citrate buffer (pH 6) prior to blocking in sequential (prediluted) peroxidase and protein block for 20 minutes at 20°C. The primary antibody was diluted 1/100 and incubated with the samples for 45 minutes at 20°C. A HRP-conjugated goat anti-rabbit antibody was used as the secondary.
ab37438 staining Estrogen Receptor alpha in murine mammary gland tissue by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections).
Tissue was fixed with formaldehyde and a heat mediated antigen retrieval step was performed using citrate buffer. Samples were blocked using 1.5% serum for 1 hour at 22°C and then incubated with ab37438 at a 1/25 dilution for 15 hours at 4°C. The secondary used was an undiluted biotin conjugated goat monoclonal.
IHC image of Estrogen Receptor alpha staining in human breast ductal carcinoma formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab37438, 1µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
ICC/IF image of ab37438 stained MCF7 cells. The cells were 5% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab37438, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96899, DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ICC/IF image of ab37438 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab37438, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96899, DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
References for Anti-Estrogen Receptor alpha antibody (ab37438)
This product has been referenced in:
- Yonezawa T et al. Distribution of aromatase and sex steroid receptors in the baculum during the rat life cycle: effects of estrogen during the early development of the baculum. Biol Reprod 85:105-12 (2011). IHC-P ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 21471296) »
- Novensà L et al. Aging Negatively Affects Estrogens-Mediated Effects on Nitric Oxide Bioavailability by Shifting ERa/ERß Balance in Female Mice. PLoS One 6:e25335 (2011). IHC-Fr ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 21966501) »