Join Sung Hee Baek and Tony Kouzarides for this 2.5 day conference in Seoul.
- Millennium Seoul Hilton
Seoul, South Korea
- 26-28 June 2017
Note: This meeting will be in English.
View event details in Korean
Epigenetic modification pathways that lead to histones, DNA and RNA impinge on many biological processes. This meeting will focus on the latest developments in epigenetic research and will address also the importance of this field in disease and drug development. The invited speakers are of the forefront of field and will be describing their latest discoveries.
The topics include:
- Biological characterisation of histone and DNA and RNA modification pathways
- The involvement of epigetic pathways in disease
- The development of inhibitors and potential drugs against epigenetic pathways
- The role of chromatin transgenerational inheritance
- Chromatin proteins and complexes regulating transcriptional events
- Role of non-coding RNAs in the control of chromatin functions
Download the preliminary program here
Download the list of poster presenters
ChIP troubleshooting session
Those attending the conference are invited to participate in an optional ChIP workshop. Abcam's Scientific Support Specialists will be on site Tuesday June 27th from 1-2pm with a Troubleshooting presentation and Q&A session.
RSVP for the workshop here
Research topic - networking lunches
Participate in a networking lunch with researchers working on similar pathways and research topics. Attendees have the option to reserve a seat at one of 6 designated Tables to encourage collaboration and discussion.
Lunch time table topics include:
- Drug discovery and targeting epigenetics pathway
- Genome organization and architecture
- Cancer epigenetic
- Stem cell epigenetics
- DNA and RNA modifications
- Non-coding RNA
Join the conversation
Looking for the latest updates on the meeting or have questions? Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn by using the meeting hashtag #SeoulSci and join in the conversation.
- Sung Hee Baek (Seoul National University, South Korea)
- Karen Adelman, (Harvard University, US)
"Making sense of non-coding transcription"
- Salvador Aznar Benitah (Institute for Research in Biomedicine, Spain)
"Impact of heterochromatin on mutational landscape in tumors and cancer stem cell function"
- Shelley Berger (University of Pennsylvania, US)
"Epigenetic pathways as targets in human disease"
- Luciano Di Croce (Centre for Genomic Regulation, Spain)
"Defining mechanisms that regulate Polycomb functions in stem cell differentiation and cancer"
- Francois Fuks (Université Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium)
"Transcriptome-wide distribution and function of RNA modifications"
- Kristian Helin (University of Copenhagen, Denmark)
"Role of epigenetic regulators in cancer"
- Huck Hui Ng (A*Star Genome Institute of Singapore, Singapore)
"Systems biology of stem cells"
- Tony Kouzarides (Gurdon Institute, UK)
- Rob Martienssen (Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, US)
- Eric Miska (Gurdon Institute, UK)
- Peter Park (Harvard University, US)
"Enhancer targeting by structural alterations in cancer genomes"
- Rabinder Prinjha (Epinova Epigenetics DPU at GlaxoSmithKline, UK)
- Bing Ren (UCSD, US)
"Dynamic chromatin organization at transcriptional enhancers"
- Ali Shilatifard (Northwestern University, US)
"Principles of epigenetics and chromatin in development and human disease"
- Ji-Joon Song (KAIST, South Korea)
"FRIGIDA as a biochemical activator for EFS histone H3 Lys36 methyltransferase"
- Yi Zhang (Harvard Medical School, US)
"Maternal H3H27me3 controls DNA methylation-independent genomic imprinting"
Selected abstract presenters:
- Jae-Seok Roe (Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, US)
"Enhancer reprogramming as a driver of pancreatic cancer metastasis"
- Alexey Ruzov (University of Nottingham, UK)
"Dynamics of 5-carboxylcytosine during hepatic differentiation: potential general role for active demethylation by DNA repair in lineage specification"
- Kou-Juey Wu (China Medical University, Taiwan)
"A novel modification of lncRNA MAHAC by METTL4 is essential for hypoxia-induced histone modification and tumor progression"
Call for abstracts
Short talk and poster presentations are available. Those which closely fit within the topics of the meeting will be selected for presentation. Abstracts can be submitted during online registration. Those who wish to submit an abstract after registering must email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download our abstract guidelines
- Oral abstract deadline: CLOSED
- Poster abstract deadline: email email@example.com for late submissions
Poster Sizes for printing: 0.9 meters (wide) x 2 meters (long)
Registration deadline June 12
* Domestic students and delegates based within South Korea should register under 'Local - student' & 'Local - delegate' when asked to select within the system
**International attendees should register under 'student' & 'delegate' when registering
- Post docs should register as delegates
The registration fee includes:
- Attendance to 2.5 days of scientific sessions and conference materials
- Two networking lunches on June 26 and 27
- Two evening receptions with drink tickets and appetizers on June 26 and 27
- Access to two poster sessions
Abcam has arranged a group discount for meeting attendees. In order to reserve a room at the meeting hotel, attendees must email firstname.lastname@example.org with their requested arrival and departure dates. The deadline for requests has now passed, so rooms can not be guaranteed. The events team will respond to arrange payment if rooms are available.
- Single occupancy, per night including breakfast: $200.00 USD
What is included in the hotel room reservation?
- Breakfast for one person at the all day dining restaurant "Cafe 395"
- Complimentary internet in guest room, main lobby and restaurants
- Complimentary bottle water in room
- Use of fitness center and indoor swimming pool
- Complimentary shuttle service to Itaewon shopping area, downtown business district and Seoul station
Why stay at the Millennium Seoul Hilton hotel?
- No commute, conference takes place in the hotel
- Complimentary wireless internet in guest sleeping rooms
- Located in downtown Seoul, 1.5 miles from Seoul’s business district, cultural hotspots and shopping centers
- 24-hour state-of-the-art fitness center, golf driving range, indoor swimming pool and spa complex
- Visit local attractions such as the Jeongdong Theatre, the famous fountain at Banpo Hangang River Park, the National Museum of Korea and the famous Insadong neighborhood
We understand that you have many choices when making your travel arrangements. Please remember that reserving your room in the Abcam room block allows you to take full advantage of the conference sessions, events and networking opportunities, and ensures that our staff will be available to help should you have any issues with your accommodations.
Deadline to submit your hotel requests: has now passed
Email email@example.com for possible availability.
Important note regarding hotel accommodation
Deadline to submit Abcam does not have an affiliated hotel agency for this event.
Please be careful of direct approaches from companies offering hotel reservations for this event. Reservations made by unaffiliated organizations may appear to be for lower rates, however they may be illegitimate, have unreasonable cancelation or change penalties, or be completely non-refundable. Please be aware of, and report any unauthorized solicitation to Abcam.
Traveling to Seoul, South Korea
There are two international airports you may fly into.
Incheon International Airport
Distance from Hotel: 42 miles and 60 minutes driving time
Gimpo International Airport
Distance from Hotel: 30 miles and 40 minutes driving time
We recommend visiting the Hilton hotel website to determine which airport best suits your travel schedule.
Terms and conditions
Delegates are advised to ensure they have adequate travel insurance to cover their attendance at the conference in case of incident, or cancellation due to circumstances beyond Abcam's control.
- All fees paid to Abcam, including registration fees are non-refundable
- Substitute delegates can be made at any time by contacting Abcam Events.
Interested in additional events? Find more with our full calendar now.